starting strength gym

Thread: A good week to post a squat video

Default A good week to post a squat video

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Things seemed to have clicked for me at least this week. Hard to tell with black pants (yes, I know, gray is better), but I'm pretty sure I'm right at depth. This front angle may not be the best, but it's better than direct side-on. No real room to shoot from behind. What I'm really looking for is a better back angle, stable knees (no slide forward) and hip drahve. I think I mostly managed all three:

I see that the Seattle Squat Camp is sold out. Given that demand, I'm sure there will be another.

Thanks for looking.

1) Need a little more hip drive. Think "drive my head down on the way up." This will help you keep from picking your head up on the way up, which I think is contributing.

2) It may be that the bar is too far down your back. Or you may need to widen your grip, BUT, you have to hold the bar in your hand, not just lay your wrist on it. Hard to tell from this angle on the bar height.

3) Some of these you're breaking at the hips / bending over first. Try to make sure the hips / knees break at the same time.

4) Stance might be wide. Hard to tell with camera angle.

Way to not give up on that last rep.

So basically, not awful, just some things to work on.

Thanks!