starting strength gym

Thread: 155x5 Bench Press Form Check Please

Default 155x5 Bench Press Form Check Please

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hey again coaches,

So squats have been going great, thanks to all of your feedback. They're more fluid (thanks Tom!) and more hips (thanks Steve!) and now sit at 315x3x5. But now in perspective, my pressing movements suck in comparison. At 150 lbs, my overhead press is at 120x3x5 and bench press is 155x3x5. Could a typical Asian ectomorph build contribute to this? Wrists are 6 inches, short/wide fat hands (6.75 inc from base of hand to top of middle finger), and long forearm relative to upper arm (can't sit the bar on front deltoids during OHP). Or my form is just that bad.

Any insight you could provide would be greatly appreciated. (Note: this particular session was difficult because of a strange ache in the wrists, this pain typically occurs after I work my forearms hard for some reason)
    155x5 - YouTube

There are some things I cannot see here, so some of this is speculation. Your grip is a little narrow. That is not a bad thing per se, but try moving a finger-width or two out from there. Get tighter. Work hard to keep your scapulae retracted (pinch the shoulder blades back behind you). Don't touch quite so low on the chest. Just a little higher. Start taking smaller than five pound jumps.