Thread: Squat Form Check

Default Squat Form Check

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Could I please have a form check .
    Thank you very much!

form check 290 - YouTube

You are shifting on to your toes at the bottom and on the first part of the ascent. Think "heels" at the bottom and drive your butt up. No need to overextend your back at the top. Just get tight. Don't arch so hard. Otherwise, they look pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Campitelli View Post
    You are shifting on to your toes at the bottom and on the first part of the ascent. Think "heels" at the bottom and drive your butt up. No need to overextend your back at the top. Just get tight. Don't arch so hard. Otherwise, they look pretty good.
    Thanks for your help. I will work on these things.
    I switched from a flat sole (like chucks) to a weighlifting shoe about 2 months ago. It seems like I'm contantly getting on my toes in all my lifts now. I think they only have .6 inch heel height. Do I need to just burn the "heels" cue into my brain? Have you ever had anyone have more success with a flat sole lifting shoe?

I have not had anyone report they like Chucks better than lifting shoes when I put them in them. Your trouble is probably not shoe related. I bet you kinda did the same thing with Chucks. You allow yourself to go froward at the bottom. Thinking "heels" or "stay back" as you approach the bottom will help. You are not a lost cause by any stretch. If you had someone there to provide coaching, I bet this would get fixed in a set or two.

I have not had anyone report they like Chucks better than lifting shoes when I put them in them. Your trouble is probably not shoe related. I bet you kinda did the same thing with Chucks. You allow yourself to go froward at the bottom. Thinking "heels" or "stay back" as you approach the bottom will help. You are not a lost cause by any stretch. If you had someone there to provide coaching, I bet this would get fixed in a set or two.
    Ok I will work on these things. Once again thank you for all your help!

Default Form recheck

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Donze View Post
    Ok I will work on these things. Once again thank you for all your help!
    Thanks for your help. I tried to work on the things you told me. However, I was really struggling with this weight. Would you mind taking a look. Thank you!

295 squat check - YouTube

You still need to stay off your toes and you still need to drive your butt up. You are letting yourself go forward and lifting your chest. Narrow your stance a little, too.

You still need to stay off your toes and you still need to drive your butt up. You are letting yourself go forward and lifting your chest. Narrow your stance a little, too.
    Thanks again for your help. I apologize for being a motor moron.

Be not so hard on yourself.

starting strength coach development program
    It's ok I have thick skin. I have to light a fire under my own ass at 3:30 a.m. to lift since I'm probably one of the few stupid enough to try to get strong that time of day.

You guys should really start selling life size fatheads of RIP saying "Don't be a pussy!"

I could see that being a useful addition to garage gym wall.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast