starting strength gym

Thread: squat technique question: bar slanting

Default squat technique question: bar slanting

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    i have been trying to correct this shit for the evers. when squatting, the bar slants towards my left (non dominant side). ive even tried lining my scapulas up a cm to the left to try and off set this weird slant, but that is a temporary fix, and it didnt even work. for two weeks now ive been trying my hardest and every set has some amount of slant. wtf?????

thanks coaches

fukkkked up bar slant - YouTube

This would be easier to see when shot directly from behind where we could see your knees and your feet, too. From here, it is hard to say if this is just your skeleton, or if there is something you could do to correct it.

cant really see the bar slanting from oblique angle but im sure it still is. might just be im really really right side dominant? is this going to be an issue going forward? i want to squat over 500 in my career and dont want to be developing asymetrical bad habits.

thanks again

cole squat 295x5 - YouTube

Need to see a shot directly from behind to say anything more about what is happening. However, I suspect you are going to be fine. Some fine people, including myself, have some asymmetry at the bottom of the squat. It does not negatively affect them for the most part.

ok. thanks tom.