starting strength gym

Thread: Progress so far/ A Coaches opinion.(Optimal Next Step continued) Thank you

Default Progress so far/ A Coaches opinion.(Optimal Next Step continued) Thank you

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Age 24yo Male
    Height 5-6/7ish
    Current weight 169.4 as of today
    Starting weight 155

Little back ground for the post, taking Steve Hills advice from this post->> http://startingstrength.com/resource...it-lurker.html

Current progress has been surprising I haven't missed a lift yet (3x in a row). I do think I started out my OHP a little higher than I should have but I am addressing that. Reading SS and to be a beast has been an eye opener to say the least. Still reading practical programming.

My question is simple I am on my week 6 of my SSLP, am I gain weight fast enough?

I started out eating a little under 4000 calories for the first week my LP and evaluated my daily progress(I keep notes on sleep form and everything in between). The next week I decided to shoot for 4200 and evaluated again. Week 3 I started eating 4500 and then decided the last day of that week that I should eat more as I knew weight would get heavyish in the next 3-4 weeks so I went to 4700 for week 4 and for week 5 and 6 I have been at 5000. I was hoping to be around 175ish by now and I trying not to fall into the YNDTP category. Any thoughts?

My lifts at the start in lbs were.
    Squat 160
    Bench 125
    Deadlift 185
    OHP 75

Now
    Squat 250 ( moving way easier than I could have hoped for as I used to could only do 1x1 for 255)
    Bench 165 moving pretty well still
    Deadlift 280 getting heavier but not an issue yet.
    Power Clean (started that today at 95lbs)
    OHP 105( stalled this monday I will try again friday)

Side note: I am going to see an SS coach in Decatur Alabama in a few weeks after finals to fill in any form gaps on my lifts.

Thanks in advance

Hope I didn't leave anything out. Back to studying for this ACS final.

Don't be obsessed with the weight on the scale. The question to ask is whether the weight on the bar is going up and if you are recovering. Yes, gaining weight is often a good idea, but if you are making progress, then simply keep doing so. At 5' 6", you don't need to weigh as much as someone who is 6'2".

Apologies for the hijack, but who is the SSC in Decatur? I'm in the Huntsville area, and thought my closest options were Nashville and Atlanta.

I would like to know, too, since we have no one listed in the directory.

Decatur Georgia not Alabama, I have no clue why I said that.

Thanks, I'll keep on doing how I have at the moment since its working so well.

starting strength coach development program
    Ah, we've definitely got coaches in Decatur, GA.