starting strength gym

Thread: Buying a competition bench

Default Buying a competition bench

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hi,

I am trying to purchase a competition style bench for my garage gym. I have a rogue utility bench that I put in my power rack, but I decided to upgrade.
    I saw one from texas strength systems : Competition Bench | Texas Strength Systems

I asked Jordan about it and I guess he isn't much of a fan of their stuff. I've never really got a chance to examine their products, so I have no idea. He linked my to an EliteFTS bench and it looks super nice, but it is out of my budget.

The texas strength systems bench and the EliteFTS bench don't look all too different, but I am not willing to pay the extra 1,500 to get the EliteFTS one. It seems like there are not that many good competition benches out there in the 1,000 dollarish price range. Does anyone have any experience with the texas strength system benches? or any suggestions?

*Note: I prefer the adjustable rack heights with the lever arms because I lift with other often, and we all have different rack heights...especially when Mj a.k.a the tallest man in world comes over from Korea.

The Texas Strength Systems equipment is not all that great, but it is considerably less expensive than other options on the market. Combo racks are great for competition, but I don't like training with them. They are wobbly. Your Rogue rack and bench are WAY more stable and satisfying to use. However, if you truly need the quickly adjustable bench and you cannot pay more for the Elite FTS, then you have your answer. I suspect Rogue will make a combo rack one day, but that may be a ways off.