starting strength gym

Thread: Squat form check

Default Squat form check

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I think it is obvious that my knees are completely shoved out and they are not caving in at all. However, I still have some knee slide. Thanks!

*Link to Video*

In fact, your knees are out too far and you are trying to keep your shins too vertical. The position they want to attain at the bottom of the squat are where they should be. Don't push your knees out so hard and get your knees further forward by the time you are halfway down. This may result in you being slightly more upright. I predict that will help with your problem.

My ankle flexibility, especially the left one is very limited. Doing a simple flexibility test, my left knee stops about half an inch short of my toes. It seems like at the bottom, the weight of the bar is forcing my knee to go beyond it's usual ROM. I am fully aware that I am exaggerating shoving my knees out. if I don't exaggerate, there is even more knee slide. I'm going to the Squat Camp in NY. Hopefully we can fix this.

Barring an unusual injury, I bet you have more than enough ankle flexibility to perform a low bar squat.