starting strength gym

Thread: Squat Form Check

Default Squat Form Check

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hello,

I've started a topic one month ago here : Squat Form Check - Depth Issue
    I've been told some cues to go deeper on my squat (feet too wide, back too vertical, daily stretch in bottom position of squat) and it's almost parallel now... but I still can't break parallel and it's keeping me from going up in my LP. I'm being a bit impatient because I'm on GOMAD (3/4 at the moment, next week Full gallon) and I'd love to move on with the squat.
    I thought I might ask for some advice from a SSC since I have the chance here.

The camera angles are not optimal, but it's the only ones I could get so far with a "work set" as you request, since I've only been on "technique sets" lately.
    Here are the last footage :
    87kg
    87kg-2

In the meantime, I'm working on going narrower in my stance but with only 60kg before going up again. Is there anything else I should do?

Cannot tell much from your one video. The one from the back suggests you are squatting well above parallel. Please do read the sticky and get me one video shot from a rear oblique. Also, I strongly suggest getting some lifting shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Campitelli View Post
    Cannot tell much from your one video. The one from the back suggests you are squatting well above parallel. Please do read the sticky and get me one video shot from a rear oblique. Also, I strongly suggest getting some lifting shoes.
    I hesitated to post the latest one from rear-oblique because my camera is set a bit low in a chair, but maybe it will be enough to give you more info. If not, I'll get a better one asap from a higher PoV.
    Here it is :
    60 kg 45° - YouTube

Also, I'm definitely considering lifting shoes and I'm looking for some in my area at the moment. Thanks for the suggestion!

Narrow your stance a touch. Descend more quickly. Go deeper. Drop your elbows at the top and straighten your wrists out. Alas, the Internet is probably the only place you will find lifting shoes. Check out the Rogue Do-Wins.

http://www.roguefitness.com/shoes/we...g-shoes/do-win

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Campitelli View Post
    Narrow your stance a touch. Descend more quickly. Go deeper. Drop your elbows at the top and straighten your wrists out. Alas, the Internet is probably the only place you will find lifting shoes. Check out the Rogue Do-Wins.

http://www.roguefitness.com/shoes/we...g-shoes/do-win
    I went ahead and bought the Adidas Powerlift, then only I saw that you would suggest those Rogue, but well, the Adidas feel already much better than my snickers so it's all good, at least for 1-2 years.

As for my squat, it feels totally different now with the shoes and the wrists straightened, but on the video I can see I'm still not deep enough and elbows still a bit high, do you see any improvements?

Squat 06/30 60kg - YouTube

starting strength coach development program
    Those are good squats overall. Go about an inch deeper and focus on coming up more quickly. Nice work.