starting strength gym

Thread: Squat Form Check - 255 lbs

Default Squat Form Check - 255 lbs

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Switched over to SS earlier this year after several years of "fuckarounditis". I'd love to get some feedback on my form before there's real weight on the bar. Thanks!!

You need to go deeper and I suspect you need to drive your knees out more. Your knees are poking forward at the bottom and that is kicking you on to your toes. Knees out and thinking "heels" may help. Not bad otherwise.

Thank you! I have been focused on going a bit deeper and keeping my knees from poking out at the bottom. Do these look any better?

Depth is better. Fight the tendency to flex your spine on the ascent. Stay tighter and don't let your back move. Keep the knees out and stay off your toes.

So I fixed one thing and broke some others. Here is today's top set with 275. I feel like I did a better job of staying tight and controlling my knees. This is my third workout with this weight, so if these don't look better, I suppose I'll drop 30 pounds and work back up. Thanks for all your help!

Still on your toes a bit and still flexing your spine on the ascent. Otherwise, not bad. Think "heels" as you get near the bottom. Then, keep your back arched as you drive back up.

starting strength coach development program
    Thanks for all your help! I'll get to work on this!