starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Skwat Form Check

Default Skwat Form Check

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    So I left SS for a while..stupid. Tried crossfit, tried some BB-type programs. So not fun. Back for a form check.

Bodyweight, 176 (down from doing CF). This is 285 for fahve. I promise to never leave Strength Training again if you guys do a form check .

But seriously. I'd appreciate it. I have duck feet so I think my toes are pointed out too much. I corrected for this a while back but it's Been a while since I've filmed myself so I'm BACK AT IT AGAIN. Also, going a bit too low?

(Wrist wraps are to help with the elbow pain I've been experiencing..if you remember my others posts about that.)

trim 2F2A7EE7 5AF8 48FB 9ACC 83DA8C2AC654 - YouTube

Those look good overall. If your feet are naturally turned out, your toes may need to be out more than 30 degrees. If you are happy, then I am happy. You are on your toes just a little. Think heels. Consider getting some truly incompressible weightlifting shoes, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Campitelli View Post
    Consider getting some truly incompressible weightlifting shoes, too.
    Suggestions?

Thanks

Depends upon your budget. For $95, the Rogue Do-Wins are tough to beat. If you have a few more (read: twice as many) dollars, consider the Nike Romaleos, or the Reebok Legacy.

Birthday coming up

Also, curious. What indicated that I was coming up on my toes? I can't see that by just looking at my feet, so it must be something else.
    Thanks

You can see the weight shift forward on your feet and your heels come up a little.

Are those shoes you have on the Adidas Powerlift ones? Are these no good? Have I been hamstringing my skwat because of these things?

Quote Originally Posted by Lurchthrilla View Post
    Are those shoes you have on the Adidas Powerlift ones? Are these no good? Have I been hamstringing my skwat because of these things?
    I don't like the Adidas Powerlifts because they squish a little. The midsole is made of dense EVA. It is better than a running shoe, but if you are going to get weightlifting shoes, get something incompressible. The Rogue Do-Wins have become available again at a very reasonable price. I cannot think of a good reason to get the Powerlifts now. With all that said, you are not fucking yourself up terribly in the Powerlifts. Lots of people lift in them and live to tell the tale. I just think there are better options out there.

starting strength coach development program
    Yeah I knew nothing (and still know relatively) little about lifting shoes and they were the most affordable ones I could find at the time. Should've done more research I guess. They'll always have a special place in my heart :,(

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast