starting strength gym

Thread: Deadlift Form Check(300lbs)

Default Deadlift Form Check(300lbs)

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Someone, after seeing this video, told me my back was rounding in the last couple reps. After re-watching, I can see a little of that, but I'm not sure if it was serious enough to be concerned. Figured it was time for a form check anyway.

I appreciate your time.

Yep, your back is rounding and you are doing touch and go deadlifts. These things are related. Read the sticky about how to set up pulls from the floor. Do the steps exactly as written. Pay special attention when it comes time to set the back in extension. Do that every time. Ditch the touch and go pulls. Deadlifts start from a dead stop, hence the name. They will be harder that way, but think of all the character you will build. Put your weightlifting shoes on.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Campitelli View Post
    Yep, your back is rounding and you are doing touch and go deadlifts. These things are related. Read the sticky about how to set up pulls from the floor. Do the steps exactly as written. Pay special attention when it comes time to set the back in extension. Do that every time. Ditch the touch and go pulls. Deadlifts start from a dead stop, hence the name. They will be harder that way, but think of all the character you will build. Put your weightlifting shoes on.
    Hey Tom, thanks for the input. I'll review the sticky and work on that next workout.

As far as shoes, I still haven't purchased a pair. I wear a minimalist shoe(no compression) when doing squats and presses, but have moved to socks during the deadlift. I was starting to get cramps in the arch of my feet when deadlifting with the shoes on. I'm planning on buying a pair of shoes within the next paycheck or so. You recommend the Rogue Do-wins, correct?

Yeah, the Rogues are the least expensive pair of true weightlifting shoes out there. They don't squish.