starting strength gym

Thread: Squat Form Check

Default Squat Form Check

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I am in my 8th week of SSLP. The last two training sessions, my squat form feels like it has deteriorated during my work sets. When I started my linear progression, I paid close attention to the "point nipples to the floor" cue, in order to ensure I had the correct back angle and to retrain my muscle memory from the high-bar squat form that I was taught in high school. Now I feel like I am over-correcting for that cue, causing my back to get too horizontal and result in a knee slide that shifts my weight forward on the way up. What thoughts do you have on form cues to focus on in order to correct my back angle/knee slide? It got pretty bad in my most recent work set.

Squats 260x5 3rd Work Set

Stats:
    26 years old
    6'0" tall
    205.5 lbs

Thank you for all of your hard work and dedication to make this a great forum. I have learned a ton from SSBBT and got this far into my progression just from reading your feedback to other lifters here.

Widen your stance about two inches. Drive your knees out much harder. Don't let your knees go so far forward. Think "heels."

Thank you Tom! I will incorporate your feedback into my squats moving forward.