starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I hate squats now.

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewL View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. The only time I have ever done sets of 20 squats was in college when I would go straight from my last final exam to the gym and do 3x20 then swim in the nearby river at 1am.

That was really more of a ritual thing than actual training though.

Jesus, Andrew. Mine was always ridiculous facial hair. I remember growing the fu man and having a moustache--I was slightly delirious during exam time.

starting strength coach development program
    I hate squatting too. I hate it because it has NEVER felt natural for me and is always something I have to think about as I do it. It seems like hell will freeze over before that is no longer the case. Whether this is due to bad movement habits, or anthropometry (long legs, short torso), or what, I cannot say for certain. But I have had about 2 squats in my 3 years of training that felt efficient. 2. I've had numerous form checks and currently have online coaching (for the SS model of course).

There has been a continuous slew of problems that have come up with squatting, and when I deal with one, another emerges: knees hurt, back hurts, knees don't get set early enough, stance too wide, hips hurt constantly for like 5 months, too loose at the bottom, too deep, not deep enough, can't keep knees out, over-extending back, not extending back enough, the fucking list goes on and on and on. I have to work my ass off to increase weight with the squat. Meanwhile, I fart and my deadlift goes up 10 pounds. So, fuck you, squats. Fuck you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Campitelli View Post
    I often dislike training, but I dislike how I feel when I am not training more.
    This. And also knowing that there is only one road to staying strong/getting stronger. Also those good days where gravity runs and hides. Those days are fun. So is warming up with a weight that was "impossible" once upon a time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12