starting strength gym

Thread: Bent bars

Default Bent bars

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hi coaches. I have recently had to begin training in a small, poorly equipped gym with only one barbell. Hopefully this will only be temporary but the gyms here in Las Vegas leave much to be desired. So I'm stuck until I build a garage gym or fund another adequate space. Anyway, the only bar in the gym is quite noticeably bent. Are there any potential negative effects of training with a bent bar? Would it perhaps be more difficult to balance during squats? I have noticed that the bar tends to roll up my back more when I squat, but that could obviously be a technique flaw. I also have been getting some posterior shoulder pain during squats and was wondering if the bar could be a factor. Any insight or tips you might have would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. If needed i can upload a video of my squats.

~3 months into program:
    32 years old
    6ft 218lbs
    255squat
    205 bench
    295 dead
    150 press

Make sure the bend in the bar is situated such that the highest point of the bar is on your back and the lowest points are at the sleeves. As an alternative, buy a bar and store it at the gym.

Makes sense. Thanks for the advice.