starting strength gym
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Honda Fit is one of the greatest cars of the 21st Centrury

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Campitelli View Post
    YES.

Oh you americans don't get how much fun these small cars are when you live in the mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by Hans Bachmann View Post
    Oh you americans don't get how much fun these small cars are when you live in the mountains.
    I suspect a Porsche would be more fun.

My friends dad was an automotive engineer and very wealthy. Cars were his thing and he owned all kinds. He was also an avid club racer. Between being an engineer in the industry, racing cars, working on them for fun, and owning some of the best over the years(Ferraris etc.) he was a pretty good source of expertise. One day I asked him what he thought was the best made car in terms of quality/fit and finish for under 40 grand. His answer...The Honda Fit. He then went on a rant of how it's is top notch over the entire spectrum...Not just cars under 40 grand.

Needless to say I thought it was a joke...It wasn't. When I laughed his answer off he said "performance isn't everything...And the Honda fit is an example of mastering everything beyond it".

As a Honda Fit owner, I agree with your dad, although mine could use a sixth gear.

Jackpot. That one even has Rimzzz

Sixth gear would be fun. Alas, I have a 2010 model with the usual 5. Love it though!

The Civic will always have my heart, but the Fit looks like fun... I considered buying one instead of my latest Civic. Unfortunately, I found it impossible to find a used one that wasn't an automatic transmission.
    Last edited by Leanne M. Lloyd; 07-26-2017 at 09:09 AM.

Author John Gierach says he gave a friend grief for buying a Japanese pickup, saying "A real man drives an American pickup." His friend replied that "A real man drives whatever he, by God, pleases."

I like that answer.

I suspect a Porsche would be more fun.
    When your sitting in a porsche on the Nordschleife and you can't lose a Renault Twingo R.S. or can't follow a Seat Leon Cupra, its not. Just more expensive.

starting strength coach development program
    As a Honda Fit owner, I agree with your dad, although mine could use a sixth gear.
    Do you mean a sixth gear, or an overdrive. All my cars and my bike had/have five gears. I always had the same thought, but most of the six-speeds are just geared shorter so you shift more often, unless it's has 4L+ displacement.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast