starting strength gym
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Honda Fit is one of the greatest cars of the 21st Centrury

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Hans Bachmann View Post
    Do you mean a sixth gear, or an overdrive. All my cars and my bike had/have five gears. I always had the same thought, but most of the six-speeds are just geared shorter so you shift more often, unless it's has 4L+ displacement.
    A sixth gear. My Fit has a manual transmission, five speed. At 65 MPH, it is near 3,000 RPM. The engine is more or less designed to be there, but it kind of feels like it could use a another gear. My Suzuki V-Strom 650, which I sold many moons ago, had a sixth gear. Even at highway speeds, it wasn't strictly necessary. However, at 70 or 75 MPH, it was nice to have.

I have a 2010 Fit sport automatic with less than 40k miles. I drives like a go cart. I put better, wider tires on it. Now it's sticky on sharp turn in the rain even without the traction control. The stock tires are awful.

It's painfully slow though. I get mid 20's mpg since I push it hard. And the braking performance is not good, suv level. I was going to upgrade the brakes, but never got around to it. The AC is adequate for northern climates, but it would be foolish to own one of these in, say, Texas. You'd roast.

I've taken a lot of the interior apart to quiet it down, reduce vibration, and seal the doors for better mid bass. It's pretty well designed. Damn simple to break down. . . . And, obviously, I upgraded the terrible sound system. . . .

Somehow the golf cart battery is still kicking. And, cross my fingers, I've never had a single issue with the car other than some squirrels packing acorns into my air intake.

I'm undecided on whether I'd buy another. It's not bad in the snow, but I'd prefer Subaru AWD. If they'd come out with an SI Fit, I'd probably buy it. I used to have a 89 Civic hatchback. It reminds me enough of that car, but with too high of a center of balance and less power.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Campitelli View Post
    A sixth gear. My Fit has a manual transmission, five speed. At 65 MPH, it is near 3,000 RPM. The engine is more or less designed to be there, but it kind of feels like it could use a another gear. My Suzuki V-Strom 650, which I sold many moons ago, had a sixth gear. Even at highway speeds, it wasn't strictly necessary. However, at 70 or 75 MPH, it was nice to have.
    I totally get what your saying, i just want to point out, that a sixth gear won't fix the need for a sixth gear, unless you step up displacement wise. My Golf IV 1.4L (75hp) was a five speed, 3,000rpm at 65. My Golf IV 1.8T (180hp) was a six speed, at 65mph it was at 3,000. So was my 98' civic type R and my current five speed 1.2L Renault Clio, which is a shame, because that little engine is driveable from 1,500 to 6,500rpm. That thing could easily cruise at 2,500! I've driven several other six speeds and they all were just geared shorter, so you'd want a seventh gear.

My old Bandit 1200 starts in 5th gear, but cruises at 3,500rpm at 65. I don't know how often i tried to shift into the sixth gear. But it has none.

The magic seats are well, Magic and so much leg room in the rear for the size of the car.

A thoroughly enjoyable little economic workhorse of a vehicle. I averaged well over 50mpg in one with the CVT. With the CVT it was 2000rpm @ 100kph.

I think I'm getting a boner.

At 65 MPH,
    [i]stuff[/]
    Even at highway speeds
    Silly Norcal'ers.

Actually, I have no idea how things are up there, but gotta agree on the assessment that the Fit is a bad ass car. Seriously considering getting one in the next couple of weeks for my wife. Unfortunately she insists on an automatic, so I gotta extend our search as far as Cleveland to find one with low-ish miles for not too much.

Of course not, unless Coke Zero qualifies as an intoxicant.

Comrade Wolf brings up a golden oldie, however. The Zaporozhets have a real, "To each according to his need" vibe going on.
    I found out today that they are discontinuing Coke Zero. I feel like my life is over.

Quote Originally Posted by Mugaaz View Post
    I found out today that they are discontinuing Coke Zero. I feel like my life is over.
    Embrace change. Embrace Coke No Sugar, despite the silly name.

Quote Originally Posted by iamsmuts View Post
    It's painfully slow though.
    Yeah, it does not accelerate very quickly. It is no race car.

I get mid 20's mpg since I push it hard.
    I get about 36 mpg on mine with a good deal of city driving. This is probably indicative of how gently I drive. Zero speeding tickets in my driving life so far.

And the braking performance is not good, suv level.
    This is one place where I would disagree, although my Fit is two years younger. Still largely the same car, but perhaps with better brakes. I am not taking this thing on the track, but the brakes always inspired confidence with me.

I like the Fit because it is small, yet at 6'2", I fit in the driver seat with plenty of room. It also can hold 60 folding chairs for my meets or my 4x12 guitar cabinet and amp with room for lots of other stuff. It is easy to park, good on gas, and pleasant to drive. It is an ideal city car.

Quote Originally Posted by Theban93 View Post
    ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME? ... Do you want to die?
    Worry not, the future is bright, indeed.

Coke Zero is being replaced by Coke Zero Sugar - Business Insider

starting strength coach development program
    Why the fuck would one drink soda? Beer coffee and water is all a man needs.

No comment on the car. Although im content its not picturing a RAM 500. Yes, we do have stereotypes

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast