starting strength gym
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: The Honda Fit is one of the greatest cars of the 21st Centrury

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Culican View Post
    I've never been in one but I see lots of them on the road here in Phoenix. Maybe they put special A/Cs in them for Arizona.
    Craziness. Maybe they've improved the AC or people use them as mini sweat lodges. I just don't see how you could drive my 2010 there. It would be miserable.

One thing that's nice about them, even though the center of balance is a little high, is that they corner very well, especially if you put wider tires on them. Put some 205/50/16s on them and they just stick to the ground. See this for reference:

205/50-16 Tires for Your Honda Fit Sport - The Truth About Tires | Tire Rack

I got the Continental DWS on the stock sport rims. It was a huge improvement, though I did enjoy making the car fishtail in the rain with the stock tires. . . . I pushed it a little in the snow with those pos tires and ended half way up a pile of snow once. I was trying to slide sideways, just not that far. . . . Talk of snow is making me want a WRX!

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Campitelli View Post
    I haven't had a problem with the AC in mine, but it generally is not sweltering here in the Bay, either.
    There's some discussion of the weak AC on fit freak:

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/gene...71-weak-c.html

The 3td gen Fits might have better AC. I dunno.

Funny, we just test drove 2 fits today (automatics though, my wife prefers to not have to change the gears herself. Lame). I thought they were fine, though a bit underpowered, but she thought they felt a little cheap. Oh well. also, they are very hard to find used (or our price point was just too low).

Quote Originally Posted by mattlifts View Post
    However, I quite like my hatchback – the Ford Fiesta ST. Economical, yet turbo. 6-speed is all it comes in. Yeehaw.
    My dream car! Once mine dies (94 Miata, I like small cars) I'm gonna see if I can find one.

Being from Sonoma county up north from Oakland, can I request a pic of a lifted fit[emoji769]?

Quote Originally Posted by damufunman View Post

My dream car! Once mine dies (94 Miata, I like small cars) I'm gonna see if I can find one.
    The FiST is a very fun drive. It's my first manual and first turbo. I quite like it for both reasons. Will pull you hard round the corners. Highly recommend.

I love my '09 Fit. My only regret with regard to owning one is not being able to find a Fit with the vastly superior Orange Revolution color.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Campitelli View Post
    I haven't had a problem with the AC in mine, but it generally is not sweltering here in the Bay, either.
    Ah, see, now I see where you're coming from. It probably is the perfect car to drive in the bay. It's little and easy to park, but you fold the seats down and bam, hella cargo space. Still got 4 doors. Probably gets great gas mileage. Probably has some nice features inside. Yeah man, I getchyas, I does.

Quote Originally Posted by swkehole View Post
    Being from Sonoma county up north from Oakland, can I request a pic of a lifted fit[emoji769]?
    I plan to mount a SpaceX Merlin engine to my Fit. Once that mod is complete, you will read about me in all the papers.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by tfranc View Post
    but you fold the seats down and bam, hella cargo space.
    Bonus points for using "hella" in a sentence.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456