starting strength gym
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: The Honda Fit is one of the greatest cars of the 21st Centrury

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Coke Zero is akin to ambrosia. You cannot improve perfection. They say "Don't worry, Coke zero sugar will taste like regular Coca-Cola". I don't want it to taste like regular Coke! This is like telling me "Don't worry, the new formula tastes like piss, you'll love it". Why don't they get rid of Diet Coke instead? Diet Coke is old and tired. Coke Zero is a thoroughbred that just hit its prime. I am currently calculating how many 2 liter bottles I can fit in my house prior to the Rapture. It should be around 550-600 2 liters bottles. That should give me a 9 month supply, 10 if I ration it. Should be enough time to put my affairs in order.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Campitelli View Post
    I like the Fit because it is small, yet at 6'2", I fit in the driver seat with plenty of room. It also can hold 60 folding chairs for my meets or my 4x12 guitar cabinet and amp with room for lots of other stuff. It is easy to park, good on gas, and pleasant to drive. It is an ideal city car.
    I can get large xmas trees, Ikea Billy bookcases (flat packed), 8' 2x4s, and lots of shit. A couple weeks ago I put a door in it. And I was able to get a 32x60" window in there. . . . I have the cargo cover, which hides my amps and sub.

I know it's not a race car, but it's still slow. Again, and SI version would be sweet!

The braking distance is objectively bad. I haven't compared recent models. But most crossovers have better stop distances last time I checked.

Unfortunately the latest model is covered in ugly chrome shit. It looks like peal and stick chrome plating. There's a big strip on the read hatch. I'd never buy that.

This is probably indicative of how gently I drive. Zero speeding tickets in my driving life so far.
    *high five for no tix grandpa driving*
    I have an '06 WRX sedan and the pedal is often only 1/32 depressed. My boost gauge (what I traded in my '89 Buick Regal for) is like "this fucking guy..." But, it's nice to have when I want it. Premium doh... and maintenance cost can be annoying.

I like the Fit because it is small, yet at 6'2", I fit in the driver seat with plenty of room. It also can hold 60 folding chairs for my meets or my 4x12 guitar cabinet and amp with room for lots of other stuff. It is easy to park, good on gas, and pleasant to drive. It is an ideal city car.
    Quote Originally Posted by iamsmuts View Post
    I can get large xmas trees, Ikea Billy bookcases (flat packed), 8' 2x4s, and lots of shit. A couple weeks ago I put a door in it. And I was able to get a 32x60" window in there. . . . I have the cargo cover, which hides my amps and sub.
    *high five* for 6'2"
    How comfortably will it do a drum set? How about 2x 100+ lb labs? Rear leg room?

I've only recently tried diet sodas, but I do like the A&W Diet. Diet Dr. Pepper has been fine too. I'll check out the Coke No Sugar. I'm a big fan of Caff-free regular Coke w/ the Buffalo Trace for those warm summer nights.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lippke View Post
    How comfortably will it do a drum set?
    For a normal kit with one bass drum and three toms, should be fine. Do you like to have two bass drums on stage for the full hair metal effect, or have lots of toms? Then you would probably need something bigger

How about 2x 100+ lb labs? Rear leg room?
    Plenty of room for puppies, even big puppies. Rear leg room is okay. I have had some tall peeps in the back and they did not mind.

I like the Fit because it is small, yet at 6'2", I fit in the driver seat with plenty of room...
    How much extra headroom do you have? I've got a rather long neck, and thanks to squats and 77lb of weight gain, I have a bigger butt so I no longer fit in my 2005 Focus ST. If I sit up perfectly straight the top of my head goes through the sun roof now. Thankfully, gas prices are reasonable again so I can enjoy driving my suburban without seeing dollar signs every mile marker. Never had issues fitting in vehicles till I started hanging around this forum...

For a normal kit with one bass drum and three toms, should be fine. Do you like to have two bass drums on stage for the full hair metal effect, or have lots of toms? Then you would probably need something bigger
    The awesomeness of Scorpions aside, I've been more of a jungle and jazz drummer lately, so I'd be in good shape.

Plenty of room for puppies

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Montgomery View Post
    How much extra headroom do you have? I've got a rather long neck, and thanks to squats and 77lb of weight gain, I have a bigger butt so I no longer fit in my 2005 Focus ST.
    I don't have a quantitative measure, but more space than many other cars, including bigger vehicles. Honda makes their cockpits very roomy. I had more room in a tiny 94 Civic CX hatchback than in several cars, some of them large sedans. The Fit is a fairly tall car and has good headroom. Lots of legroom up front, too.

I approve of this image.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Montgomery View Post
    How much extra headroom do you have? I've got a rather long neck, and thanks to squats and 77lb of weight gain, I have a bigger butt so I no longer fit in my 2005 Focus ST. If I sit up perfectly straight the top of my head goes through the sun roof now. Thankfully, gas prices are reasonable again so I can enjoy driving my suburban without seeing dollar signs every mile marker. Never had issues fitting in vehicles till I started hanging around this forum...
    I'm 6'2" as well. I feel a little cramped, just a little. My knee is a little too close to the steering wheel. I have solid headroom though.

The car is a big fish bowl. You really don't want one in San Antonio. You'll bake. The AC just won't be able to keep up. And it will seem miserably underpowered coming from a Focus ST! I was in Houston a few weeks back. I think I counted 4 fits in a week of driving around. I figure that the moment someone goes to test drive a fit parked in a Houston lot, they will discover the weak ass AC and give up on the car. I don't see how they can sell them in TX. Perhaps they can't. The 4 I saw were probable driven there from elsewhere when their owners moved. I I were to move to TX, I'd sell the Fit here and just buy a new car when I got there.

starting strength coach development program
    A sixth gear. My Fit has a manual transmission, five speed. At 65 MPH, it is near 3,000 RPM. The engine is more or less designed to be there, but it kind of feels like it could use a another gear. My Suzuki V-Strom 650, which I sold many moons ago, had a sixth gear. Even at highway speeds, it wasn't strictly necessary. However, at 70 or 75 MPH, it was nice to have.
    My Civic is a 5-speed manual and it's at about 3,000 at 65 MPH, too. Pretty normal. I feel like if it were any lower, it wouldn't produce enough torque.

Although if it did have a 6th gear, it'd be nice to have it at 3,000 RPM when I'm going 80-85 driving up and down I-5.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast