starting strength gym
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: The Honda Fit is one of the greatest cars of the 21st Centrury

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    It will easily do a drum set. In fact you could probably get it in without stacking anything. It's deceptively roomy since the seats fold flat. I've had an upright bass in mine (with the neck between the front seats).

My wife has a Matrix, which is a foot longer, yet the Fit has almost 3 cubic feet more cargo space with the seats down.

Cons are that I t's not great on hills (especially loaded down), and I definitely agree about the AC. Mine has never been powerful enough to keep up on a long trip on a sunny day.

I also had my EGR valve blow out at around 60k miles because of carbon buildup. That was a $700 or $800 repair. Not sure whether that's normal.

I cannot attest to the Honda Fit. However, I quite like my hatchback – the Ford Fiesta ST. Economical, yet turbo. 6-speed is all it comes in. Yeehaw.

I too am dismayed and distraught over the discontinuation of Coke Zero. While it is no substitute, I shall get by with Diet A&W until I make a discerning opinion on Coke "Zero Sugar". Blasphemy.

When I bought my last car I knew I wanted a manual transmission hatchback. That narrowed the list of choices down considerably. I looked at the fit, but didn't care for the looks and wanted better fuel mileage. I bought a VW Golf sportwagen, diesel with a 6 speed.

I rarely average less than 45mpg although better than half of my driving is usually freeway. At 75mph it's only doing 2,000 RPMs. There are some drawbacks with the diesel, but I've been very happy with the car. There was that whole emissions scandal thing, but I'm coming out of that with a few thousand dollars back and an extended warranty on the most expensive bits to 170k miles.

Quote Originally Posted by iamsmuts View Post
    I'm 6'2" as well. I feel a little cramped, just a little. My knee is a little too close to the steering wheel. I have solid headroom though.

The car is a big fish bowl. You really don't want one in San Antonio. You'll bake. The AC just won't be able to keep up. And it will seem miserably underpowered coming from a Focus ST! I was in Houston a few weeks back. I think I counted 4 fits in a week of driving around. I figure that the moment someone goes to test drive a fit parked in a Houston lot, they will discover the weak ass AC and give up on the car. I don't see how they can sell them in TX. Perhaps they can't. The 4 I saw were probable driven there from elsewhere when their owners moved. I I were to move to TX, I'd sell the Fit here and just buy a new car when I got there.
    Oh, that's good to know, thanks. I like a/c and being able to accelerate faster than most suvs/trucks around here.

Just a few more questions, Tom, and I think I'll have all I need.

You've already addressed my dog being able to fit (thank you), but is there also enough headroom for my hat?

One of my friends (also a drummer) is a 15-foot air-breathing great white shark. Would he fit in the backseat?

I'm always having to fulfill my protein needs on the go. Are the side windows strong enough to hold half a rack of mammoth ribs?

Finally, has Honda upgraded their lever-activated cosmetic-application option to touchscreen? Thanks!

I got 5 2cf bags of mulch and 4 1"x12"x6' pieces of wood in the car today. I only put one seat down and the cargo cover was still in place. The other seat was up in magic mode. If the sub wasn't in the truck 8' pieces would have fit. (But I have a stupid closet that is 49" wide. 8' pieces are no good. Bastard. I'm making shelves. . . ) There's also a sportbrella in there. I forgot to take it out before going to Home Dumpster. 2 bags of mulch are in the hatch.
    Last edited by Tom Campitelli; 07-28-2017 at 09:12 PM. Reason: Image link did not work and was messing up formatting of the thread. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lippke View Post
    You've already addressed my dog being able to fit (thank you), but is there also enough headroom for my hat?
    No.

One of my friends (also a drummer) is a 15-foot air-breathing great white shark. Would he fit in the backseat?
    No.

I'm always having to fulfill my protein needs on the go. Are the side windows strong enough to hold half a rack of mammoth ribs?
    No.

Finally, has Honda upgraded their lever-activated cosmetic-application option to touchscreen?
    No.

Next question.

Quote Originally Posted by JC View Post
    When I buy one used, will it have a copy of Michael Jackson's number 1s somewhere inside? And will it stank of wet god?
    I don't even know what your questions mean, but I think the answer is "propofol."

Quote Originally Posted by iamsmuts View Post
    The car is a big fish bowl. You really don't want one in San Antonio. You'll bake. The AC just won't be able to keep up. And it will seem miserably underpowered coming from a Focus ST! I was in Houston a few weeks back. I think I counted 4 fits in a week of driving around. I figure that the moment someone goes to test drive a fit parked in a Houston lot, they will discover the weak ass AC and give up on the car. I don't see how they can sell them in TX. Perhaps they can't. The 4 I saw were probable driven there from elsewhere when their owners moved. I I were to move to TX, I'd sell the Fit here and just buy a new car when I got there.
    I've never been in one but I see lots of them on the road here in Phoenix. Maybe they put special A/Cs in them for Arizona.

starting strength coach development program
    I haven't had a problem with the AC in mine, but it generally is not sweltering here in the Bay, either.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast