starting strength gym

Thread: Squat Form Check

Default Squat Form Check

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    295# for new 5RM. I wasn't happy about it because they didn't feel good. Any insights?

Click on image to start video: Shared album - John Helton - Google Photos

Thank you in advance.

These are good squats with the caveat that they are about two or three inches high. Go deeper, but keep doing what you are doing. The reason they didn't feel good is that they are getting heavy. Squats will never feel good again, unfortunately. Also, strongly consider some weightlifting shoes.

Thank you, Tom. They do look high. Also, just didn't have my weightlifting shoes on that day. Understand about feelings. I'm trying not to really consider them. That being said, these at 300# felt better. This effort was made prior to your feedback. However, I think depth was a little better. Some might consider this dive-bombing into the bottom. However, I can feel the rebound more than on the previous effort. Sorry about the poor camera work.

Shared album - John Helton - Google Photos

While the bar moves quickly, those are more of a high bar squat done with the bar in the low position. You are sliding forward at the bottom. Look down, chin down. Lean over more. Do this by sitting back. Your chest will be pointed at the ground. Drive your knees out harder. Initiate the ascent by driving your hips up and stay with your hips the whole way. Suffer.