Page 175 of 215 FirstFirst ... 75125165173174175176177185 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,750 of 2150

Thread: Here comes Hercules

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Bingley View Post
    good to see you back
    My beloved and I had a great time. I keep vowing that this is the last long driving trip we'll take. I'm not sure I trust myself as much as I used to. We drove 3300 miles. We learned several new things about the Civil War and the Revolutionary War. While we had some disappointing meals we also had some wonderful ones, especially in Williamsburg. We had some good lifting in Westminster and ran into some silliness in Orlando.

Quote Originally Posted by carson View Post
    I meant to ask before I purchase this stuff, does this do any damage to hands or bars?
    Hi carson. I've never had any skin reaction from liquid grip, and I did not notice anything on the bars where I used it. Typically very little came off on the bar once it dried on my hands, over the one or 2 sets I would use it for.

Quote Originally Posted by swan View Post
    I believe there are also recipes around for making your own.
    I took a small empty hand sanitizer bottle, filled it 2/3 full with chalk dust from my chalk container, and then added isopropyl alcohol. Works great, squeeze a bit on my hands, rub it around, and then in a few seconds the alcohol evaporates and my hands have a nice coating of chalk.

Quote Originally Posted by carson View Post
    My beloved and I had a great time. I keep vowing that this is the last long driving trip we'll take. I'm not sure I trust myself as much as I used to. We drove 3300 miles. We learned several new things about the Civil War and the Revolutionary War. While we had some disappointing meals we also had some wonderful ones, especially in Williamsburg. We had some good lifting in Westminster and ran into some silliness in Orlando.
    You were close by. It's been hot as blazes lately. I hope you were not eating at one of those historical period restaurants.

We tried one but it was not good. The three we liked best were: 1. Fat Canary. I had the most delicious fish dish I think I've ever eaten. The Lemon Fuzz or something had just the right amount of alcohol. The waiter was very attentive and we receive a scroll with all the staff signatures hailing our 50th anniversary. 2. The Blue Talon serves a marvelous breakfast selection. Wonderful service and the food was very well prepared and presented. 3. Cochan despite the name neither of us had pork. The chef prepared a wonderful dish not on the menu for my bride and I had Peking Duck. Not perfect but close to it.

We've learned that this gem of America is having a bit of financial trouble. I'm very sorry to learn this. We hope to go back again but we don't know when. My bride is having increasing problems with lack of blood flow to her legs. She rode in a wheelchair for part of our visit. She keeps relatively strong by weightlifting but I don't know how long she can keep it up.

Still on LP for a time. I hope for not much longer.

Squat: 70 x 5; 120 x 3; 160 x 1; 190 x 5 x 3
    Press: 45 x 5; 65 x 3; 85 x 5 x 3
    Dead: 135 x 5; 185 x 1; 225 x 1; 265 x 1; 300 x 1; 315 x 1; 285 x 3; 225 x 5 I tried to do 285 x 5 but I was exhausted and couldn't finish. So I settled for 225 x 5 to end the session. It was a bit frustrating. I hope to do 396 x 1 by October. Still, each day that I can lift is a good day.

Sometimes I'm Hercules and sometimes I'm Ozymandias. Ozymandias
    I met a traveller from an antique land
    Who said: "Two vast and trunkless legs of stone
    Stand in the desert. Near them on the sand,
    Half sunk, a shattered visage lies, whose frown
    And wrinkled lip and sneer of cold command
    Tell that its sculptor well those passions read
    Which yet survive, stamped on these lifeless things,
    The hand that mocked them and the heart that fed.
    And on the pedestal these words appear:
    `My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
    Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!'
    Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
    Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
    The lone and level sands stretch far away".
    Last edited by carson; 07-04-2017 at 05:39 PM. Reason: spelling correction

Fantastic stuff, Herk! You definitely 'da man!

Continued LP

Squat: 70 x 5; 120 x 3; 160 x 2; 192.5 x 5 x 3
    Bench: 45 x 5; 95 x 3; 125 x 5 x 3

HIIT: C-2 20 x 5 with 150 HR I only do C-2 when there is time. I began a program with 10 x 5 then moved to 20 x 4; now 20 x 5. Each Power 20 registered over 200. Is that good?
    Last edited by carson; 07-07-2017 at 07:58 PM.

starting strength coach development program
    Perhaps there are complications in getting the Fall Classic organized this year. Last year registrations for the Chicago event were offered around July 1 and the venue was filled by mid-July. This year we have developed a small team but we've heard nothing about the events. I love this event. I hope its coming off.