starting strength gym
Page 77 of 77 FirstFirst ... 2767757677

Thread: Chromoly's SS Log

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by MarthaF View Post
    Noo!!! You are absolutely stunning and attractive right now!! We're going through the same thing right now...is life going to be that much different if you look a little thinner in the mirror? It'll prob be exactly the same...or maybe with more stress because of how much headache it took to get there.
    I agree. Logically and mostly emotionally too I know you're right. But there are those little moments of doubt. The mental struggle is a tough one.

Quote Originally Posted by chromoly View Post
    And admittedly, I have a newfound admiration for big strong dudes that I didn't have before I started strength training.
    That's good to hear! I definitely have a different perspective on female attractiveness now compared to when I started seriously strength training. Some of that is also that I'm ~4.5 years older too.

In other news. I think I may do the SS Fall Classic in Chicago as my next meet.
    Awesome! Do it! Dave (meet director) ran a fantastic meet last year. I'm signed up for this year's. Maybe a couple of weeks ago he posted on Facebook that there were 13 out of 50 spots left.

I'll be in CA next week for 6 days. Please make it colder.
    Last edited by manveer; 07-27-2016 at 07:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by manveer View Post
    That's good to hear! I definitely have a different perspective on female attractiveness now compared to when I started seriously strength training. Some of that is also that I'm ~4.5 years older too.
    My perspectives on male and female attractiveness have definitely changed compared to when I started about 14 months ago.

Awesome! Do it! Dave (meet director) ran a fantastic meet last year. I'm signed up for this year's. Maybe a couple of weeks ago he posted on Facebook that there were 13 out of 50 spots left.
    I emailed Dave, and he said are 10 spots left right now. I haven't pulled the trigger yet because I'm looking at $75 registration plus roughly $300 flight. I'm going to make a decision by the end of this week (I hope it doesn't sell out by then). I did start planning the next 13 or so weeks of programming, which has me excited at the thought of competing.

Did last year's meet go all day? It looks like ~50 lifters were at the Chicago Fall Classic in 2015.

I'll be in CA next week for 6 days. Please make it colder.
    And... I don't know what to do about that. I'm somewhat close to the ocean so it's not exceedingly hot.

Did last year's meet go all day? It looks like ~50 lifters were at the Chicago Fall Classic in 2015.
    I think we were done by around 4pm. It was faster than expected - very well run.

I think we were done by around 4pm. It was faster than expected - very well run.
    Wonderful. I was definitely NOT going to sign up if it would go past dinner time. Travel + meet make me very tired and hungry/cranky/hangry. A well-run and fast (but not too fast) meet is a plus in my book. I assume there were several flights last year?

Four flights. The two flights with the lightest weight classes were done by lunch.

In other news. I think I may do the SS Fall Classic in Chicago as my next meet. I was getting ready to sign up for the USPA SoCal Open (as in I was about to purchase a membership for the fed and register for the meet).... Then my boyfriend reminded me we're going to wedding that weekend. I need to register and book my plane ticket, but the Fall Classic will be a good opportunity for me to 1) compete again and 2) see my boyfriend who lives in Chicago.
    OMG that's so awesome! I'm signed up for the Chicago meet also! Last I heard there were 13 spots left, that was July 19th.

I totally know the body image feels. I'm 5'4" and was 125lbs in high school and very fit. in my early 20s I was about 115 lbs and very skinny fat. Now I'm at 170ish and man the feels when i think about how far I let myself go and how much fucking work i'm going to have to do to get back to some "normal" size.

In the end, I really do not care at all how much I end up weighing. I'm working towards 20%bf and if I don't put on any muscle whatsoever in the process that's going to put me at around 120. I will probably want to add about 15 lbs of muscle as well. So, I should end up at 135ish... you know, in next three years or however long it's going to take me to add that much LBM. (laughs hysterically)

I may end up getting to around 25% bf and being happy with what I see, I just don't know because I've never known my body fat %, and I have no idea what 20%, 25%, 30% or any other % actually will look on me. I. Just. Don't. Know. I only know that I'm not happy carrying around this much weight on a semi-tiny frame. I do see some quad development coming along and my calves look great... so I try to focus on that, getting stronger and sticking my macros.

So, that's the goal for now 20ish% body fat and about 15lbs more muscle. After, who knows??
    Last edited by Leanne M. Lloyd; 07-28-2016 at 10:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by raivyne View Post
    OMG that's so awesome! I'm signed up for the Chicago meet also! Last I heard there were 13 spots left, that was July 19th.
    Oh! If I do the meet, I'll get a chance to meet you!

Quote Originally Posted by raivyne View Post
    I totally know the body image feels. I'm 5'4" and was 125lbs in high school and very fit. in my early 20s I was about 115 lbs and very skinny fat. Now I'm at 170ish and man the feels when i think about how far I let myself go and how much fucking work i'm going to have to do to get back to some "normal" size.

In the end, I really do not care at all how much I end up weighing. I'm working towards 20%bf and if I don't put on any muscle whatsoever in the process that's going to put me at around 120. I will probably want to add about 15 lbs of muscle as well. So, I should end up at 135ish... you know, in next three years or however long it's going to take me to add that much LBM. (laughs hysterically)

I may end up getting to around 25% bf and being happy with what I see, I just don't know because I've never known my body fat %, and I have no idea what 20%, 25%, 30% or any other % actually will look on me. I. Just. Don't. Know. I only know that I'm not happy carrying around this much weight on a semi-tiny frame. I do see some quad development coming along and my calves look great... so I try to focus on that, getting stronger and sticking my macros.

So, that's the goal for now 20ish% body fat and about 15lbs more muscle. After, who knows??
    Your weight loss and strength gains are an inspiration! I think you've got what it takes both in determination and with good programming for Rori to do what it takes to hit your goal! I will be cheering you on

starting strength coach development program
    I think it's about time to move to the intermediate section. I haven’t been a novice in quite a while.

Here's the new log: chromoly the intermidiot

Page 77 of 77 FirstFirst ... 2767757677