Thread: Starting Martha’s Strength Journey

Default 2/15

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Single leg deadlifts with kettlebell

Bench 135 5x3

Deadlift 275 2x3

Still can't squat cuz of my psoas, but I experimented with leg pressing and it doesn't bother it, so I guess I'll leg press as a squat replacement for now.

Think my hips were a bit too low for deadlifts today. Probably because I did everything in my air forces, and only switched to my lifting shoes on the last set. Nevertheless, they moved fast, and my thumbs are adjusting to hook grip again.

Quote Originally Posted by MarthaF View Post
    Hahaha...I am intrigued...give me more...
    Well, I work in the funeral business and therefore have a slightly different concept of "acceptable" dinner table conversation.

I am surprised you are able to use the leg press again after the horrific incident. I think the tendency would be to avoid it like the plague. I am super curious now how it happened though. Do we get deets?
    Last edited by Sirimiti; 02-16-2017 at 09:13 PM.

Default 3/15

Front Squat
    1x5 45, 65, 85
    1x1 105
    3x5 95

Bench
    1x4 45, 85
    1x2 115
    1x1 130
    5x3 142.5

Deadlift
    1x5 135
    1x3 215
    1x2 255
    1x1 285
    1x1 305
    1x2 305
    1x3 305

I promise I've been lifting! Spring Challenge just 2 weeks away...FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!

Deadlift PR :-) Even though more like 6 singles than sets, and my back was pretty rounded. Ryan Arnold told me to got to 310 next week instead of 315 and go for 5 singles, focusing on super flat back. May the Lord be with me.

Super grindy workout today. I hate how if I don't eat or sleep well it instantly affects my workout. Will update soon.

Videos of a set of front squats and second set of deadlifts below.

Awesome intensity on those deadlifts Martha! Get angry!

Quote Originally Posted by mgilchrest View Post
    Is that your first time attempting front squats?
    Yes it is

Quote Originally Posted by Toasterleavings View Post
    Awesome intensity on those deadlifts Martha! Get angry!
    Thanks toaster <333 seems like anger is the only thing that gets the weight up these days!

Quote Originally Posted by Sirimiti View Post
    I am surprised you are able to use the leg press again after the horrific incident. I think the tendency would be to avoid it like the plague. I am super curious now how it happened though. Do we get deets?
    Nah not me. I was determined not to be psychologically traumatized from the accident. Got up to leg pressing five plates after, then I got bored and eventually stumbled on starting strength.

Basically I was doing something stupid that my brother suggested I do...I would push the weight all the way up and then lift my toes off the board to push it further. Usually it would jump an inch away from my feet. Then one fateful day I pushed it way too hard and it flew off my feet and I wasn't prepared to catch it. I tried to get my legs out of the way, I got my left leg down in time but my right leg was still in the way. The board hit my right knee and jammed my femur into the hip socket and the socket basically broke in half.

Default 3/18

What the fuck happened to my strength? Why am I a weak little bitch now? Why the fuck does 225 feel heavy for my squat? My working weight before the October meet was 260.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

starting strength coach development program
    Nice deads!

Page 77 of 83 FirstFirst ... 27677576777879 ... LastLast