starting strength gym
Page 80 of 83 FirstFirst ... 30707879808182 ... LastLast

Thread: Starting Martha’s Strength Journey

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by MarthaF View Post
    A ton of strong people at this Spring's meet actually, compared to last fall.
    Yeah, I wasn't there. It's too bad the meet was run differently this time. The Fall Classic was great, despite being pretty long, but the energy and flow of the whole thing was excellent.

Nice pull!! Way to smash that after being sick. Next time you'll kill it like last fall! (just don't get sick).

Quote Originally Posted by anniemichael View Post
    Deadlift looked EZ PZ!!
    Thank you Annie <333 Strangely enough, 321, just 6lb more, wouldn't budge. It was really frustrating, but I'll take it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Bingley View Post
    wow that 315 did fly right up
    Thanks Bing!!

That is amazing! Good for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Toasterleavings View Post
    Dude - awesome deadlift PR! Next time with a proper peaking run up and no infections: kill it!
    Thank you toast!!

Yeah I'm seeing Ryan Arnold for coaching now so he will be timing all that stuff for me. I have no idea how to train for a meet. Really excited to have a lot more guidance this time around. The summer usually treats me well health-wise sooo let's hope I do kill it!

Quote Originally Posted by Bergstedt View Post
    That DL looked awesome! How is it possible for *everyone but not me* to PR their shit after a break? I am just weak and useless after a break... Plz teach me your wayz.
    We all have to count our blessings! I seem to have zero neuromuscular efficiency. I pulled 305 for 2x3 in the gym 2 weeks before the meet. 315 went up easy, but 321 wouldn't budge. Soooo you're pretty awesome, Levi.

Quote Originally Posted by damufunman View Post
    Yeah, I wasn't there. It's too bad the meet was run differently this time. The Fall Classic was great, despite being pretty long, but the energy and flow of the whole thing was excellent.

Nice pull!! Way to smash that after being sick. Next time you'll kill it like last fall! (just don't get sick).
    WHY DIDNT YOU COME???? Hahaha I was only thinking about the women's division when I said that!

Thank you ^_^ Hope you're right!

Quote Originally Posted by Sirimiti View Post
    That is amazing! Good for you!
    YOU are amazing Sirimiti <333

Default 4/6/17

Squat
    2x5 45
    1x5 85
    1x5 115
    1x5 135
    1x5 155
    3x5 165

Overhead Press
    1x5 45
    1x5 55
    1x5 65
    3x5 75

Deadlift
    1x5 95
    1x5 135
    1x5 175
    1x5 215

I feel like a real person again.

Saw Ryan Arnold for coaching on Thursday. I'm planning on seeing him once a week for as long as possible.

Sooo glad I decided to do this because I realized I have no idea how to train for a meet, and no idea what to do transitioning from advanced novice to intermediate.

He wanted me to go to 75% post-meet which I never would have done on my own. Felt really good going light and focusing on form.

His feedback:
    I need to set my breath and go, for all my lifts. I feel like my heart is going to burst out of my chest when I do but I guess I'll get used to the faster pace.

Squat:
    -Lower my elbows for my grip to prevent any future elbow or wrist issues
    - More hip drive

Press
    -Thrust every rep instead of touch and go
    -He totally changed my grip. My elbows were too in front of the bar. So now instead of the bar sitting on my chest its floating in front of me. I think I get more out of the thrust with this new grip. I hope this gets me a monstrous press like the girl who won first place!! I want to press a fucking plate!!

Deadlift
    - set my back harder before I pull

In other news, I have a stomach ulcer!!! Uh God I'm falling apart. Waiting for these meds to heal it so I can eat again. Thank God for modern medicine and for Pepto Bismol who is surely a saint in heaven.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by MarthaF View Post
    Thank God for modern medicine and for Pepto Bismol who is surely a saint in heaven.
    I think he lived in the 4th century, no?

Page 80 of 83 FirstFirst ... 30707879808182 ... LastLast