starting strength gym
Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: t-money's log, in search of the one training program to rule them all

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I hope it helps. That rest time might be the big problem.

Volume isn't bad per say, but I think you were just missing the balancing half of the equation - ie less intense and possibly to a lesser extent less frequency.

Eventually sets of three will be needed to continue the SS version of LP... At least in my limited experience and from what I have read. Don't be afraid to make the switch when it's time!

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

8/3/2016

Yay

Squat
    2x5 @ 45
    1x3 @ 95
    1x3 @ 135
    1x3 @ 145
    5x3 @ 155

I took at least five minutes between working sets, so that was nice. I started out thinking EFFFFFFFFFFF this weight is heavy, but at the end it felt quite light. It's totally a psychological thing...

Bench
    2x5 @ 45
    1x3 @ 75
    5x3 @ 98

This was easy, but it was a nice opportunity to solidify good form.

Rows
    5x3 @ 105

I had to drop power cleans for a bit, as they bother my shoulders too much to catch when placing the bar down. :-( :-( :-(

Front squat
    1x5 @ 45
    1x3 @ 95
    1x3 @ 105
    5x3 @ 115

Meh, my legs feel fine.

So I'll just stick with triples from here on. Thanks for the advice raivyne!

And OMG I love food so much right now.

I'm glad your session went well. Keeping my fingers crossed that presses will go smooth next time!

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

8/5/2016

Yay

Squat
    1x5 @ 45
    1x3 @ 95
    1x3 @ 135
    1x1 @ 145
    5x3 @ 160

Squatting bodyweight for reps in the books. Yay. It feels like that took forever, but since I improved my ankle mobility and got some weightlifting shoes, squats have become so. much. easier.

OHP
    2x5 @ 45
    5x3 @ 68

Ain't nothin' but a peanut. I don't know why it would be the case, but sometimes I feel like I might fail the first rep, but the rest shoot right up. Psychology?

Deadlifts
    1x3 @ 135
    1x3 @ 165
    1x1 @ 185
    1x1 @ 195
    2x3 @ 210

I jumped ten pounds on these again. I felt like it. I got two whole days to recover (5 for deadliftsss), so I thought might as well. That will be the very last ten pound jump I take on the deadlift, for sure. 215 is my previous 1RM. I'm going to deadlift you for reps next week, 215, just you wait and see. 210 felt alright, but I felt my upper back rounding, and I'm not sure the extent to which I should hold back adding more weight on the bar, and how much upper back rounding is reasonable.

Tonight there will be BEER! My hamstrings are calling for some of that nectar of the drunk gods to aid in recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by t-money View Post
    8/5/2016

Ain't nothin' but a peanut. I don't know why it would be the case, but sometimes I feel like I might fail the first rep, but the rest shoot right up. Psychology?
    I feel like this every time. I always thought it was because you're starting from a dead stop. With subsequent reps you do have at least a modicum (or a lot depending on how fast you're reppin') of momentum to shift from one direction to the other.

Congrats on the body weight squat! It's a good feeling.

Nice work, you deserve those beers!

8/5/2016

Yay

Squat
    1x5 @ 45
    1x3 @ 95
    1x3 @ 135
    1x1 @ 145
    5x3 @ 160

Squatting bodyweight for reps in the books. Yay. It feels like that took forever, but since I improved my ankle mobility and got some weightlifting shoes, squats have become so. much. easier.

OHP
    2x5 @ 45
    5x3 @ 68

Deadlifts
    1x3 @ 135
    1x3 @ 165
    1x1 @ 185
    1x1 @ 195
    2x3 @ 210

I jumped ten pounds on these again. I felt like it. I got two whole days to recover (5 for deadliftsss), so I thought might as well. That will be the very last ten pound jump I take on the deadlift, for sure. 215 is my previous 1RM. I'm going to deadlift you for reps next week, 215, just you wait and see. 210 felt alright, but I felt my upper back rounding, and I'm not sure the extent to which I should hold back adding more weight on the bar, and how much upper back rounding is reasonable.

Tonight there will be BEER! My hamstrings are calling for some of that nectar of the drunk gods to aid in recovery.
    Every time I read the title of your log I smile. Love the LOTR reference, and I think you found the training program to rule them all :-D

Yay for squatting bodyweight!! Only up from here!!

Sometimes I feel like my back is rounding when I'm deadlifting but then when I look at the videos it's not. Do you use a belt or plan on using a belt?

Make that deadlift your bitch!!! Soon 215 will be your warm up!!

Quote Originally Posted by raivyne View Post
    I feel like this every time. I always thought it was because you're starting from a dead stop. With subsequent reps you do have at least a modicum (or a lot depending on how fast you're reppin') of momentum to shift from one direction to the other.

Congrats on the body weight squat! It's a good feeling.

Nice work, you deserve those beers!
    Yep, it probably is the momentum. Thanks for the props!

Quote Originally Posted by MarthaF View Post
    Every time I read the title of your log I smile. Love the LOTR reference, and I think you found the training program to rule them all :-D

Yay for squatting bodyweight!! Only up from here!!

Sometimes I feel like my back is rounding when I'm deadlifting but then when I look at the videos it's not. Do you use a belt or plan on using a belt?

Make that deadlift your bitch!!! Soon 215 will be your warm up!!
    Oh I'm so going to make that deadlift my bitch next week.

I've held off on using a belt until now. I felt I didn't really need it so far, but with deadlifts getting heavier I can see how it would be beneficial.

definitely get and use the belt. it will help all your lifts, and especially the deadlift, which after all is the One True Lift favored by all the inhabitants of Khazad-dûm.

starting strength coach development program
    Oh I'm so going to make that deadlift my bitch next week.

I've held off on using a belt until now. I felt I didn't really need it so far, but with deadlifts getting heavier I can see how it would be beneficial.
    I got a 3 inch belt from Best Belts. I love it. If you order it now, it'll take like 2 months to come in, so prob just in time for when you'll start needing it anyway.

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast