starting strength gym
Page 51 of 70 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: Sirimiti's SS log - Novice Female

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Yes, I always use wrist wraps for pressing and benching to help keep my wrists in working condition.

I don't know what to suggest if you have problems with pulls tho.

It's kind of annoying now, I am finally strong enough to do chins but now I can't again.

No chins, deads, cleans. Trying to find other pulling stuff.

Hey, wasn't that just a viable idea to try? Wrist wraps?

Quote Originally Posted by Sirimiti View Post
    It's kind of annoying now, I am finally strong enough to do chins but now I can't again.

No chins, deads, cleans. Trying to find other pulling stuff.
    The compression from wrist wraps might help get things in line.

Really strange that your wrist hurts on pulling though. My experience with weird aches and pains (i've had a lot) is that there is usually a tight muscle somewhere along the chain that needs to be foam-rolled/lacrosse-balled/stretched/etc, and it might not be immediately apparent which one, e.g. back pain -> stretch tight hip flexors, shoulder pain -> roll out bicep, achilles tendon area pain -> stretch and roll out calves, etc. Well... Some make sense; others maybe not unless you have a good idea of anatomy and what attaches where. Dunno. Just a thought. Also my experience when things are REALLY balled up stretching will only irritate it further unless you do some myo-fascial release first.

2 cents though, post-inflation, because I am not any kind of physio-therapist. Although, when I went to one who was $200/hr, he couldn't properly diagnose the source of my shoulder pain.

I am not sure about wrist wraps. Doesn't the weight just end up hanging from the wrist anyway?

This started by some aching while benching with my wrist too extended, but the pain itself is from when I did a chin up right after and my wrist cracked. I frequently pop my knuckles and joints and this was definitely not a good crack. I tried another chin later and had pain shooting up into the metacarpal of the ring finger. Definitely a pulling pain in the joint. I am pretty sure it's not a muscle thing.

SQ - 135lbs (2x5) + 125lbs (2x5)
    Back Ext - 15lbs (3x15)

Not much done today. Partially juat not wanting to aggravate my wrist, but mostly because I had to show a friend how to do a lot of things. It's only his first time.

I didn't think of that but good point. Chins are supposed to help just about everything else. Hope that works!
    Soon you'll be the badass lady doing chins with plates hanging from your waist!

Quote Originally Posted by MarthaF View Post
    Soon you'll be the badass lady doing chins with plates hanging from your waist!
    I'm still enjoying doing singles 😀 but I am looking forward to busting out some weighted chins.

I have recently noticed I am much stronger outside the gym than I was last year. Of course I knew because my lifts have gone up, but handling my motorcycle is so much easier this summer. It is so nice to see improvements outside training.

I'm still enjoying doing singles �� but I am looking forward to busting out some weighted chins.

I have recently noticed I am much stronger outside the gym than I was last year. Of course I knew because my lifts have gone up, but handling my motorcycle is so much easier this summer. It is so nice to see improvements outside training.
    You are bad-ass. What kind of motorcycle? pics?

Friggin awesome you are seeing benefits outside of training as well. :-D

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by t-money View Post
    Friggin awesome you are seeing benefits outside of training as well. :-D
    I love being able to pick up and carry easily now stuff around the house/out shopping that I used to struggle with; my Bride looks at me and says "you're just showing off!"

well, yeah

Page 51 of 70 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast