starting strength gym
Page 52 of 70 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Thread: Sirimiti's SS log - Novice Female

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by t-money View Post
    You are bad-ass. What kind of motorcycle? pics?

Friggin awesome you are seeing benefits outside of training as well. :-D
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Bingley View Post
    I love being able to pick up and carry easily now stuff around the house/out shopping that I used to struggle with; my Bride looks at me and says "you're just showing off!"

well, yeah
    Just a little Kawasaki KLX 250 (it weighs about 300lbs, quite small for a motorcycle). I'd put a photo if I could figure out how to add one that doesn't already come from the Internet.

I am almost looking forward to dropping my bike again, just so I can pick it up again. I expect it to be much easier, but I am still going to avoid it.

My boyfriend keeps asking me to show off my guns to his friends

OP - 72lbs (4,3,3)
    Woo, going good here! I keep doing 4 on the first set just because I can. And still no belt!

Push press - 82lbs (3x3)

BP - 80lbs (2x6 + 3x5)

LTE - 30lbs (3x10)

I got a migraine about 10 minutes after leaving. I chugged a protein shake with banana and downed some Motrin as soon as I got home (maybe 15 minutes after it started). It was pretty much gone 30 minutes later, just a lingering mild headache now. I haven't gotten a migraine for months.

That's a damn fine press to bench ratio you've got going on there! And, no belt. Personally, the belt adds quite a bit. And the wrist wraps. Do you use those?

Bring on the gun show!

Quote Originally Posted by Toasterleavings View Post
    That's a damn fine press to bench ratio you've got going on there! And, no belt. Personally, the belt adds quite a bit. And the wrist wraps. Do you use those?

Bring on the gun show!
    Thanks. I actually thought my bench was pretty pathetic.

I was using the belt before my reset on press, and I will again to reduce layback when it gets heavier.

I don't use wrist wraps, and I never really considered them but now a few people have suggested it so I may look into it. I can definitely see the benefit for press or bench. I am trying to figure out if they help at all on pulls.

I could be that if your wrists will get a bit of support on the bench and the press, that they will calm down on the pulls.
    Many people use wrist wraps on the squat as well.

Quote Originally Posted by slowmotion View Post
    I could be that if your wrists will get a bit of support on the bench and the press, that they will calm down on the pulls.
    Many people use wrist wraps on the squat as well.
    That is a good point.

SQ - 145lbs (3x5)
    I am going to try a reset for squats. Do 5s for a while and go back up. 1-lb PR for 5s.

RDL - 95lbs (3x10)
    Did these on the dual-axis smith machine because there was no space anywhere else that wasn't in everyone's way. I had to do RDLs because the bar couldn't go lower.
    Still and improvement from last week, as I was actually able to hold the weighted bar with only minimal pain. Still not great though. Also, I noticed that since the bar is held by the machine, it doesn't rotate according to my grip at the top vs bottom of each rep. My wrist has to extend or flex accordingly.

Back Ext - 15lbs (3x10)

DB Rows (Each side) - 20lbs (3x10)

I went to the gym with a friend today, just did a bit, tried some stuff:

15 minutes on the elliptical
    Very easy pace, actually felt good to get some blood flow in the legs. I've got some adductor and hammy doms from yesterday.

Face pulls - 5kg (3x10) + 10kg (3x10)
    Pronated grip. Supinated hurts the wrist.
    I like these, I think I'll start doing them regularly.

BBRow - 65lbs (2x10)

I also tried some chins, but with supinated grip instead of my usual neutral. A lot less pain, actually doable. I injured my wrist using neutral grip so I am not surprised that hurts. It didn't occur to me before to try a different grip.

BP - 97.5lbs (3,2,2)
    Not actually 3 on the first set because my spotter used his fingers to help.
    He insisted he never touched it but I saw it, and felt the bar get lighter. I told him after, "I don't want to see your hands unless I'm dying". He seemed to understand after. Maybe I'll just start with that next time.

OP - 60lbs (3x6 +2x5)
    More mirin' of the shoulders.

LTE - 30lbs (3x12)

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirimiti View Post
    "I don't want to see your hands unless I'm dying".
    I always forget that in Canadian English the "BITCH!!!" is silent

Page 52 of 70 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast