Page 47 of 70 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast

Thread: Sirimiti's SS log - Novice Female

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    deadlift pr!!

(does snoopy happy dance)

Quote Originally Posted by Toasterleavings View Post
    Great stuff! A press PR is never unwelcome, particularly when it exceeds expectations. Which is pretty much like finding a unicorn in your backyard
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Bingley View Post
    deadlift pr!!

(does snoopy happy dance)
    Both were sort of unplanned PRs. Not great programming I guess but I'm still happy to make progress on these 2 lifts.

Not a great weekend. I went to visit my grandfather in the hospital because he's comatose. I'll be surprised if he makes it to end of the week.
    Training schedule and programming also have to be adjusted this week for final exams. I'm just going to do what I can this week and not expect anything spectacular to happen.

Today's attempts:

SQ - 134lbs (5,5,4F) + 124lbs (1x5)
    I was all over to place on squats. I really was not surprised I missed the last one. I could tell on rep 3 that I wasn't able to control much. I ended up just too for into a good-morning to make it up so I just set it down easy on the safeties. Everything felt shaky after that, almost like a mild version of what happened a few weeks ago (probably an anxiety attack).

OP - 64lbs (5,3) + 59lbs (2x5)
    These felt really hard. I kept getting out of breath.

PC - 94lbs (3x1)
    My lower back and entire posterior already felt tired by this time so I didn't really do a lot of pulling stuff.

SPD - 90lbs (10,10,8)

A small positive, I was able to do 2/3 of a chin-up. Almost there!

My condolences to you with your grandfather's health. You're in my prayers this week.

So sorry to hear about your grandfather Sirimiti. Best wishes mate.

i'm very sorry to hear the news Sirimiti. We're gathering with most of the rest of the clan later this week for my dad's internment (he died at the end of Feb) so I know exactly what you're going through; I've found that the time in the gym actually helps me work through/get away from it all. all the best.

Thanks guys. He was is a diabetic coma over the weekend but he is awake now, eating and chatting. He's out of the hospital and back in his residence. We really didn't think he would make it out of the hospital. He isn't the strongest at the moment (various senior ailments) so the smallest thing could get him.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirimiti View Post
    Thanks guys. He was is a diabetic coma over the weekend but he is awake now, eating and chatting. He's out of the hospital and back in his residence. We really didn't think he would make it out of the hospital. He isn't the strongest at the moment (various senior ailments) so the smallest thing could get him.
    Wow, what a reprieve! Good news.

great news!

starting strength coach development program
    SQ - 125lbs (3x5) + 115lbs (1x7)
    BP - 75lbs (10,8,8)
    DL - 135lbs (3x5)
    BBRow - 65lbs (1x10)
    SBBRow - 70lbs (1x10)
    SPD - 88lbs (2x8)

Really did not want to train today. I'm tired from finals that just finished. My back also felt super tired just squatting 125lbs. Friday will probably be just like today, just some lighter stuff.

Also, since school is over, I have to use a gym that is closer to home. The only one is a cheap 10$/month place (the same one I went to last summer). At least they've added one of those squat racks with the steps to rack the bar. They only had a smith and a dual-axis smith last year. Benching is awkward though because the only rack position places the bar nearly at the end of my full reach just to unrack. I may start using dumbbells to bench. At least the plates are round here so better for deadlifts (hex plates at my previous gym).

Page 47 of 70 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast