starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Female long-distance runner reformed to lifting heavy objects up and down

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    True. Actually, I am scheduled in four weeks for an SS seminar on deadlifts and cleans.

I honestly think that I can squat more...and definitely deadlift more. I've deadlifted 215 in 2015, but then suffered injury as I was not following any type of programming. I was just somewhat "winging" it.

i injured my back on deads before seeing a coach, and now am pulling a hell of a lot more then what i screwed up at. the coach will be great for you

Feb 27, 2017:

Squat: 215 pounds: 3, 3, 3, 3, 3
    Bench: 115 pounds: 3, 2, 2, 2, 2
    Deadlift: 190 pounds: 3, 3, 3

Notes: Getting close to 225 on squat! These felt MUCH BETTER than 210. Some of them were absolutely awesome. Slight disappointment on bench, but I still got 4 more reps than last time. Hopefully, I will get it next time. Deadlift is still a de-load so that I can work on my form. Going to see a coach soon, which will hopefully fix my deadlift form issues. Doing a light squat day tomorrow.

A little behind on posting and currently short on time so I'll post one of my two latest workouts.

March 1, 2017

Squat: 170 pounds (light day): 5, 5, 5
    Press: 82.5 pounds: 3, 3, 3, 3, 3
    Clean: 100 pounds: 1
    Chin-ups (with bands): Honestly can't remember as I was squeezing these in between working on my clean form. Definitely feeling stronger with them though.

Everything felt easy until the cleans. My form is atrocious. I know this. So, instead of trying to grunt out cleans with bad form, I backed off the weight and worked on form. Hopefully, the coach will be able to help me in a few weeks because cleans are definitely my worst exercise.
    Last edited by kristin_; 03-04-2017 at 04:23 PM. Reason: Misspelling

starting strength coach development program
    March 4, 2017:

Squat: 220 pounds: 3, 3, 3, 3, 3
    Bench: 115 pounds: 3, 3, 3, 3, 3
    Deadlift: 195 pounds: 3, 3, 3

Overall, it was a good day at the gym. Finally got the 115 pound bench. Onto 117.5 next go around. I know, I know, I know that my deadlift and my squat make absolutely no sense. I'm trying to correct that by going back and alternating deadlift and cleans each work-out. However, as I still want to be able to do chin-ups, I am incorporating chin-ups on my clean days.

Also, this was at LA Fitness, and I was there forever because they only have one halfway decent squat rack (the other ones I would have to walk out of and have no safety system except to allow the bar to roll down my back to the floor), and some guy squatting less weight than I ended up squatting was doing singles! SINGLES! I really do appreciate that everyone is at a different place on their fitness journey and they have different goals, but I really needed that squat rack. I probably wouldn't have been too irritated about the whole thing, but he knew that I was waiting for it then told another guy that he only had one more set (and by set, he meant one squat...at 205), at which point, I had to interject that I was waiting for it. I then had to redo some of my warm-ups, but I managed to stay out of my own head and be successful (this is actually a major feat for me...I'm often my own worst enemy in terms of getting into my own head).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12