Bench - 220
    Deadlift - 340

5/22

Squat - 270

Press - 150

Deadlift - 350

Squat - 280lbs

Bench Press - 225lbs
    PISSED... thought the phone was recording but it wasn't. Last time before restarting the program my bench crapped out at 230 so I'm almost back to where I failed and my last set of 225 felt strong as hell. Better than the first two sets. The stars aligned, the leg drive was there, and everything was awesome. I have no evidence of this, take my word for it.

Deadlift - 360lbs
    So Coach Hannon grilled (well not grilled but) me on Facebook for dropping my hips here. I'll need to be more aware of it Friday because I thought these felt damn solid otherwise.

Per SSC's on FB some slight deloads going on here and moving to 5lb jumps

5/29
    Squat - 260

Bench - 230
    -this was the weight I stalled at when I initially began SS and was too stupid/arrogant to set correct starting weights. Much better results this time and I was psyched to get 3x5 for it. New PR for my bench.

Deadlift - 330
    -set my back MUCH better than I was but like a dope I overextended my neck.

I'm terrible at this logging shit thing:

6/7
    Squat - 280
    - finally seemed to have fixed my squat. Back looks good, depth is good, knees are good, "hip drive" is finally making sense. I did my first set of 5 without the belt. Feeling good about these going forward.

Bench - 240
    - these were great except I couldn't get the last rep of the last set. I will repeat next Monday and get it then. I'm gonna order some 2" washers to start loading less then 5lbs.

Deadlift - 345 (attempt)
    - DL's are an absolute shit show right now. Warm ups go decently but then the tank is empty by the third rep and by the fifth my back has nothing left. Looking at options to break the rut.

Entry from 6/9/2017

Squat - 285x3x5
    Not much to say here, I'm feeling good about breaking 300...

Press - 155
    (155 kicked my ass a week or two ago, and I repeated my last 155 attempt because I almost dumped the first rep of the last set. Even though I didn't dump it and I got all 3x5 I repeated here and got a nice clean 3x5 @ 155)

Deadlift - 300x1x5
    Resetting this far is kind of an ego blow (not really) but my form is in desperate need of correction. Per the advice of some SSC's and forum/group members I've also restructured my warm ups to avoid burning out during my work set. I'm planning on bumping up 5lbs each this week and running the next 3 workouts as 5x1's with a complete set up before each rep. Even though the weight was lighter I am MUCH happier with my back and form on these and will need to emphasize this going forward.

6/12

Squat - 290x3x5
    Back at 290 and this time it didn't beat the shit out of me! Submitted it to the coaches Q&A for a check just to fine tune anything I might not be seeing as I trudge on to 300

Bench Press - 240x2x5, 240x1x4
    Failed the last rep again... gonna give it one more go Friday and if it burns out again I'll deload a bit.

Deadlift 305X5X1
    Still looking good, got a bit fuzzy on some of the reps but I was trying to get them off the floor faster so maybe I did some weird nonsense to my BP? It was also hot as shit in the garage and I was sweating like a fatass so that probably didn't help.

EDIT: Aaaaaand the squats are high :| Thought they were alright but I guess not... I will attempt to kill them tomorrow...
    Last edited by Dave Joksimovic; 06-13-2017 at 08:40 AM.

6/14

Squat 290x3x5
    Removed all doubt about depth here (hopefully). First set I got deep enough to accidentally nail the spotters so I lowered them another inch.

OHP 260x3x5
    I got all of these but they were tough as hell. Wasn't recording (should have been) but the last rep of the last set took a LOOOONG time to get to lockout. Probably going to repeat 160 and try for better form and smoothness.

Deadlift 310x5x1
    Looked better although honestly my back wasn't as flat as I would have liked. Trying to do step 4.5 may have screwed me up some, I will focus more at 315 and assess.

6/16/2017

Squat - 295 3x5
    (happy with them)

Bench - 215 3x5
    Reset my bench because 240 was kicking my ass and my form was starting to suck. Found a few things in the book I wasn't doing quite right in my setup and started applying them. I was really happy but apparently never uploaded the video. Next time I guess...

Deadlift - 295 1x5
    Misloaded the bar like a dope... no wonder they were so easy...

6/18/2017

Squat - 300 3x5
    When I started my LP my goal for squats was 300... didn't realize I would train up to it so fast. Time to set new goals I suppose.

Press - 160 3x5
    Until I can spring for some fractionals I've been repeating my presses. 160 looked much cleaner than they did last time (even though last time I got all reps). I will bump up to 165 and see how it goes.

Deadlift - 315 1x5
    This time I did NOT misload and they looked great. I'm very pleased to be back to 1x5 sets and for my back and neck to be looking as good as they do here... feeling optimistic.
    Last edited by Dave Joksimovic; 06-19-2017 at 03:38 AM.

starting strength coach development program
    6/20

Squat - 305 3x5 (sorta)
    This last set sucked ass and even though I think I got em (depth is kind of iffy) my back sucks so I'll try and hit 305 cleaner next time

Bench - 220 3x5
    So far so good, didn't record them for time

Deadlift - 320 1x5
    Setup is coming more naturally I think, my hips drop a bit but I think that's the 4.5 where I'm shifting my weight back

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast