starting strength gym
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Waters' World

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I LOVE Watters' World, Jesse...err...Krieg!

Nice lifting for a young buck!

If you aren't married yet follow this advice. Do not get a sunburn on your honeymoon. Trust me.

2 days late on the post, so hopefully 1 of 2 today. As my teacher used to say, "Better late than never, but not much."

Squat: 275x5x3
    Bench: 210x5x3
    Powerclean: 155x5x3
    Weight: 261
    Foodstuffs: 8 eggs, 2 bannanas, pulled pork, pulled chicken, 2 rolls, 1/2 gal milk, 3 scoops whey
    Sleep: 7.5 hours

Links: Worksets 6/29/17 - YouTube

Wore 2 shirts because of sunburn and had trouble with valsalva, but I suspect I'll live. I'm thinking I'll cut an inch or 3 off my squat depth to stay tight at the bottom and keep my knees from coming forward. All comments welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by KriegWaters View Post

Wore 2 shirts because of sunburn and had trouble with valsalva, but I suspect I'll live. I'm thinking I'll cut an inch or 3 off my squat depth to stay tight at the bottom and keep my knees from coming forward. All comments welcome.
    I don't think you should ever cut off proper depth on the squat. Never. From the video you seem to plant your feet a few inches too far apart. Lower those pins by at least one setting. I'm surprised that you can get the bar off of them they are so high.

I need to find better out-of-gym activities and lifestyles.

Squat: 280x5x3
    Press: 157.5x5x2; 157.5x4 (I let my torso lean back, among other issues)
    Deadlif: 315x5
    Foodstuffs: 2 steaks, grapes, bowl of icecream, bannana, rasins, 12 tacos, 1/2 gal milk, 3 scoops whey, ego soothing popsicle
    Sleep: Unkown, but likley a total of 7 to 9 hours

Links: Worksets 7/1/17 - YouTube

Today was educational, if unpleasant. In response to carson's suggestion, I filmed myself from the front for a set of squats, and agree that I need to move my feet in closer. Also, I somehow rubbed the pad of my left hand raw, which was unhelpful on the squat and contributed to my failed press, though I need to keep the chest forward too. Deadlift felt much better, but I need to get used to having the weight farther back without having my hips too low. Looking forward to sleeping.

I also realized today that I was supposed to do 155 on the press instead of 157.5 because of the missed day.

Lifting for Liberty, or really any other lady that might be interested too...

Squat: 285x5x3
    Bench: 212.5x5x3
    Powerclean: 160x3x5
    Weight: 261
    Foodstuffs: PBnJ, 3 eggs, pear, rasins, goldfish, steak, 1/2 gal milk, 3 scoops whey, creatine mono, bannana, lime poscicle
    Sleep: 9 hours

Links: Worksets 7/4/17 - YouTube
    -forgot to film my first set of bench

Pretty good day today. Squats went well with the narrow stance, but I looked crooked and my left hand came off on one again; I need to get much tighter when unracking. Bench was good, but I sort of hyperexted my left elbow sometimes, which is bad. Cleans felt heavy but good. Ye who read this, tear me appart, and happy 4th!

"Wait! I still function!"
    -Me
    "Wanna Bet?"
    -My Body

Squat: 290x5x3
    Press: 155x2
    Deadlift: 325x2,1,2; 295x5
    Weight: 262
    Sleep: 6 hours
    Foodstuffs: 2 egg, 2 chicken breast, 1/2 gal milk, 2 PBnJ, turkey sandwhich, double cheeseburger, pear, rasins, 3 scoops whey, creatine mono

Links: Worksets 7/6/17 - YouTube

Felt horrible today (2 days ago/Thursday). I ate plenty but absolutely burned out. May be because I have been working longer shifts or maybe need to eat and sleep more. My squats were humbug and I hit the supports on 2 sets. As far as I can tell, I look slightly left and don't push my left knee out far enough. Also couldn't valsalva for crap the whole day. Presses were even worse; I could only get 2 reps before my muscles just refused anything. I figured I would see what I could do with my deadlift, and ultimately decided to get 5 reps total at my goal weight and then 5 in a row of a lighter weight to get some volume. Also nailed myselft in the balls while putting on my belt...

Today (Saturday) my plan is to do some squats at 72% of 295, bench normally, and chinups. Going forward, I'm gonna deload my squat 10% and add a light day once a week where I do 80% of previous workout and deadlifts at the beginning. I will also probably deload my deadlift 10lbs or so, but we will see. Next time I stall on a pressing exercise, I'll start doing a 5x5 before going up e.g. 215x3x5-->215x5x5-->217.5x3x5.
    Last edited by Dale Waters; 07-08-2017 at 04:19 PM. Reason: Better link

Celebrating a Bobby Knuckles win.

Squat: 225x5x3
    Bench: 215x5x3
    Chins: BWx2x2, LDx3, BNx7
    Goodmorning: 135x8x3
    Weight: 263.6
    Sleep: 13 hours
    Foodstuffs: 5 bacon, 1/2 gal milk, 1/2 chicken beef XL pizza, creatine mono, more sleep

Links: YouTube

Recovery day went well. I may have gotten a bit forward on the squat, but otherwise good. I should be squatting 265 next time, pressing 150, and deadlifting either 305 or 315. I also won't be working such long shifts, so I'll be getting more sleep. Hold me to it.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by KriegWaters View Post
    Celebrating a Bobby Knuckles win.

Squat: 225x5x3
    Bench: 215x5x3
    Chins: BWx2x2, LDx3, BNx7
    Goodmorning: 135x8x3
    Weight: 263.6
    Sleep: 13 hours
    Foodstuffs: 5 bacon, 1/2 gal milk, 1/2 chicken beef XL pizza, creatine mono, more sleep

Links: YouTube

Recovery day went well. I may have gotten a bit forward on the squat, but otherwise good. I should be squatting 265 next time, pressing 150, and deadlifting either 305 or 315. I also won't be working such long shifts, so I'll be getting more sleep. Hold me to it.
    Oh to be young, and be able to sleep 13 hours..... enjoy that while you can.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast