Thread: Doug A. training log

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    7/14. 5:00am
    Squat 100# 5x3
    Bench. 90# 5x3
    Deadlift 180# 5x1

Weather was hot as Hades humidity didn't help. South Louisisana sucks.

Is any one doing anything as cool down?
    Seems like after my last set, I stretch a couple mins, go get some water, take a cool shower and still sweet for another 20 min.

Also I know some people are videoing their work outs. Any suggestions or tips? Think I may want to record lifts so I can review it or send it to a coach if needed.

Regarding posting videos, see http://startingstrength.com/resource...que-forum.html and http://startingstrength.com/resource...rm-checks.html

To cool down, I like to put an ice cube on the back of my neck, back of knees, inside elbow, and temples/forehead. I'll also pull my covers down and shirt up to let some heat escape from my belly and feet, and eating cold stuff helps.

7/17 am.
    Squat: 110# 5x3
    Press: 75# 5x3
    Deadlift: 190# 5x1

I am 2 weeks in. I eat more and better than I did prior to SS. Still feels like I may need more food. Next thing to focus on is sleep.

7/19 5:00 am

Squat: 120
    Bench: 95
    Deadlift: 200

Still feeling light, still 82f and 90% hum. at 5am

Is everyone else doing active rest on rest day? If so what are you doing?

7/21
    Squat: 130
    Press: 80
    Dead lift: 210

Time to get some chalk, wet hands are messing with my grip on the deadlifts.

Chalk is the bomb. I use it on my hands for everything and rub some on the middle of the bar for squats. Putting it on the bench helps keep the back tight too. I also use a towel on my face and arms when it's hot and sweaty.

Re. active recovery/rest, I historically haven't done that. However, I'll be doing some light prowler work tomorrow after lifting today, so we'll see how that goes.

7/24 5:00 am - start of week 3.

Squat: 140
    Bench: 105
    Deadlift: 220

Thinking I am not eating enough, I feel like crap for an hour after training. Have been getting up and going straight to the garage. May need to stop and eat some food first or just start training at night.

The SS app told me today to try to adding cleans. Is it needed for me to add a lift or would I better to just continue on with my deadlifts every work out till I start to stall then add cleans in? Just seems like with my deads just now getting to body weight I still have lots of room to improve.

Typically, you won't be able to recover from 3 DL per week for more than 2 or 3 weeks. Overtraining hits quickly, so I (and the app) would recommend adding cleans around now. They are pretty fun.

starting strength coach development program
    7/27 5:00 am
    Squat: 150. 3x5
    Press: 85 3x5
    P.clean: 45 5x3

Didn't sleep well, squats and press felt heavy and slow.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast