http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jg2YYwTqmXc

Powerclean 1st and 5th sets

95x3
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2joy7fx_lcs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILIAKdOlTXE

Thanks again guys!

read what i've said in a couple of the other power clean threads

you need to work on the same exact stuff

also, it should be one motion -- fluid -- without separation between the pulls

Thanks SR, i'll search for those tomorrow morning, any comments on my press?

your elbows are behind the bar at the beginning of most (maybe all) reps

the bar doesn't stay close to your face on the way up or down

getting your elbows directly under or a little forward of the bar (vertical forearms from all angles) and keeping the bar moving in a straight path will be integral as the weight approaches 200+

Definitely see what you mean about the elbows behind. Bringing them forward will in essence bring the bar higher up to start right?

Squat looks pretty good from what I can see. If you're able to get a side view, we'd be able to offer more feedback.

-----------------

Press has a few issues. In addition to stonerider's comments:

Bar placement is off. Elbows forward will help, and so will bringing your shoulders to the bar (shrug up and forward a little). And, though it may seem unrelated, keeping your chin down until you start the rep will also help with this.

Grip looks off. Review pages 82-83 of SS:BBT3, which deals with gripping the bar. Right now, you have it too far back in the palms.

You're aware that Rip now teaches the press from a dead stop with hip involvement, yes? You don't have to do it that way, of course, but it helps a lot with form, if the goal is to use the hip motion and layback at the start, to start each rep from a dead stop. It also keeps you from hanging out too long at the top of the rep.

Lastly, you're using your knees on every rep--or at least on every rep during which I can see your knees. Actively tense your quads throughout the movement to fix that.

-----------------

Re: your power clean

It looks like you start out a tad far over the bar. Drop your hips a little. Also, you jump early. Try to stay out over the bar longer, which may fix the timing there.

You're also not extending fully and developing a slight donkey kick. Practice full hip extension (chest to ceiling!).

The weight is light for you. Many people find they learn the movement better with a weight that, while not heavy, is a bit more challenging than what you're using. I'm sure more than one person will disagree with that recommendation, though. It's one of the things you probably should try for yourself to see whether it's helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by spar View Post
    The weight is light for you. Many people find they learn the movement better with a weight that, while not heavy, is a bit more challenging than what you're using. I'm sure more than one person will disagree with that recommendation, though. It's one of the things you probably should try for yourself to see whether it's helpful.
    I'd agree with this. When the weight is light like this, you can get away with not having good hip extension, starting the pull too early, etc. and still make the lift because it's a weight you can upright row or even reverse curl. But, as spar said, give it a try for yourself and see what happens.

I had a problem letting the bar get out in front of me also, and the cue that helped was to think about pressing from my front delts, or from a position that more resembles the rack position. I usually do the continuous set instead of the 3rd addition style, and think about launching each rep from my shoulders, and aiming for the shoulders when bringing it down. And if you knock yourself in the chin or the nose while you're trying to fix it, you're probably on the right track. Paraphrasing from the book "knock yourself once in the chin, and you won't do it again."

As far as learning the PC with light weights, I don't feel that I benefit from practicing with light weights, because I have to 'throttle' my power in order to keep the bar from flying over my head. I think it changes the whole thing. But I absolutely suck at PCs, so listen to someone who's good at them.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by spar View Post

Thanks Spar, i was trying to not let my ego take over, but the whole time i was thinking this is really too easy. I'll got for 115-135 next time, play it by ear