starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Squat and press form check

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by philip.h View Post
    I think my squat is improved, but as I add weight my knees still collapse inwards again a little.
    "a little?" jesus, you think? keep those fuckers JAMMED THE FUCK OUT as you come out of the hole. JAM YOUR FUCKING KNEES OUT

(i'm not really a dick, i just like yelling)

Thanks for the detailed critique Mac! Really appreciate it.

You are right Tiburon, "little" was just wishful thinking! Cheers.
    Last edited by philip.h; 05-05-2012 at 04:33 AM. Reason: fixed typo

Hello again. I've been working on the things you guys suggested. Here is a video of my squat and bench press from Friday: http://vimeo.com/41605887.

I dropped back the weight on squats a little as I recently missed two workouts due to getting sick, and hurt my back on Wednesday.

For the squat, I've tried to get my stance width more consistent, feet angled out a little less, make sure knees track out over feet, prevent knees sliding forward at bottom. Initially everything felt very weird when I narrowed up my stance from the overly wide stance that I was using, but this workout it actually felt pretty good.

For the bench press I tried to keep legs and buttocks tight, arch my lower back without lifting my butt off the bench, got a good grip on the bar, and pulled my scapulas back.

Again I would really appreciate any feedback! You guys have been super helpful so far.

Quote Originally Posted by philip.h View Post
    Hello again. I've been working on the things you guys suggested. Here is a video of my squat and bench press from Friday: http://vimeo.com/41605887.
    Anyone? I would really like to get my form correct now to avoid wasting more time in the future.

tough to tell due to the angle and the black-on-black. . . .but are you deep enough?

keep at it, almost there

starting strength coach development program
    I thought they looked pretty good. A few niggling points here and there, but overall, pretty darn good. Elbows MIGHT be a little flaired on the bench, but VERY hard to tell from this angle. Keep working it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12