starting strength gym

Thread: Deadlift form check

Default Deadlift form check

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hello everyone, I need some form check done by you good people, please help me out!

here it is:
    http://vimeo.com/39403383

I'm sorry about the angle, it's only after I filmed this that I saw 45° is preferred. This is 120kg (about 75% of my 1RM).

Thanks in advance!

--
    cheers.

Squeeze your Chest! Straighten your back and also keep it more stable in the negative.I'll remind the chest up cue as rippetoe tells it.
    When squeezing your chest at the bottom it must not feel easy or you are doing it wrong.
    By squeezing your chest the spinal erectors from the top to the sacrum should be contracted as a chain straightening your back while you are feeling a mild stretch to your hamstrings and then you pull......and you are filled with happines joy and strength!

Looks pretty good to me. Wear long socks or sweats so you are really on your shin. Can't tell from this video. A correct DL becomes more obvious when you aren't thinking about ripping your legs up.

Quote Originally Posted by Sionsd View Post
    Squeeze your Chest! Straighten your back and also keep it more stable in the negative.I'll remind the chest up cue as rippetoe tells it.
    When squeezing your chest at the bottom it must not feel easy or you are doing it wrong.
    By squeezing your chest the spinal erectors from the top to the sacrum should be contracted as a chain straightening your back while you are feeling a mild stretch to your hamstrings and then you pull......and you are filled with happines joy and strength!
    I can actually feel that to be my weak spot, thanks for pointing it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Hollis View Post
    Looks pretty good to me. Wear long socks or sweats so you are really on your shin. Can't tell from this video. A correct DL becomes more obvious when you aren't thinking about ripping your legs up.
    Yeah, I know. I always have marks and bruises on my shins - not too much though..

What country are you in?

Quote Originally Posted by Dastardly View Post
    What country are you in?
    Serbia, why do you ask?

--
    cheers.

Just sounded like some eastern european place where there might be a big local powerlifting/weightlifting scene.

Forgive me but all those languages sound similar! You couldve been in Poland, Bulgaria or Russia for all I knew.

Quote Originally Posted by Dastardly View Post
    Just sounded like some eastern european place where there might be a big local powerlifting/weightlifting scene.

Forgive me but all those languages sound similar! You couldve been in Poland, Bulgaria or Russia for all I knew.
    Yeah, I know. Bulgarian is so similar we can mostly understand each other if we talk slowly. Anyway, not a big scene here unfortunately, just a lot of broscience and curlbros. Almost no one to ask for advice in person..

I second the recommendation for pants or long socks.

You should also wear different shoes. Something with flat, non-cushioned sole or WL shoes.

When setting up, bring your heels just a little bit closer, turn your toes out slightly, and push your knees out to the sides.

Put the bar down faster when you're done each rep.

These look decent overall, though.

starting strength coach development program
    spar, I didn't check for replies recently, thank you. I know about the shoes, but I was lazy to remember what I know when I'm in the gym. Now I'm deadlifting barefoot until I purchase a suitable pair of shoes, and when I do I'll throw in some long socks.. Unfortunately my gym isn't very weightlifting friendly so I'm trying to be as quiet as possible. I have a new video from two days ago, I'd like some more comments, please. And thanks in advance!

http://vimeo.com/41875256

This is 3rd or 4th set of 120kg. I'm still doing lighter weights since my lower back was acting up, and now I'm getting to heavier weights again.
    Last edited by coldwater; 05-11-2012 at 02:25 AM.