starting strength gym

Thread: Deadlift lockout

Default Deadlift lockout

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...5sU2dvVVFITHhR

Not sure if I locked out enough on the last rep. Would appreciate thoughts and other comments. Sorry for the low angle.

Well, given your dark pants and the fact the plate neatly obscures pretty much everything from your external auditory meatus to your acetabulum, it's impossible to say whether you locked out or not. Maybe, maybe not. At least I can say if you didn't, it wasn't by much at all.

Other issues - rolling the bar forward with shins during set up. Need way more squoze. Low back rounding. The last isn't that big a deal, but I'm not a fan of standing up and fully resetting between reps.

Quote Originally Posted by mrflibble View Post
    Well, given your dark pants and the fact the plate neatly obscures pretty much everything from your external auditory meatus to your acetabulum, it's impossible to say whether you locked out or not. Maybe, maybe not. At least I can say if you didn't, it wasn't by much at all.

Other issues - rolling the bar forward with shins during set up. Need way more squoze. Low back rounding. The last isn't that big a deal, but I'm not a fan of standing up and fully resetting between reps.
    Doesn't much resemble the way we teach the set-up for the pull. I think the lockout was probably good enough to count the rep. But I agree, no reason to stand up between reps. Put the bar back down with control in a vertical line and all you need to do is re-set your air and chest and pull the next rep.

Thanks guys, and sorry about the poor choice of attire/angle. I started pulling in sweats a while ago because the bar sliding up my legs hurts, and I am a pussy. Will need to switch back to pulling in shorts at some point, since I've signed up for my first meet in September.

The standing up thing is a result of an in person session with coach Dave Abdemoulaie. I've had ongoing issues with getting my back extended during the set up (and a couple of resulting back strains). It seems I can do a less bad job of it when I stand up in between each rep and extend my back at the top.

Thanks for the comments on the other issues. They are dead on. Much appreciated.

Get some long socks. Then your shins won't hurt. From what you said about yourself you may be able to find pink. Don't crane your neck. Look at a point on the floor 3 feet in front of you and keep your gaze there throughout the lift.

starting strength coach development program
    I have some old baseball socks. May want to get something thicker.