starting strength gym

Thread: Dips Technique Check.

Default Dips Technique Check.

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Experimenting w/ Dips to replace Bench, and am wondering if I could get a "Depth Check". Looks to me that the shoulder joint dips just a bit below the elbow in the vid, but another set of eyes on it would be great.

Weighted Dip

Trying to follow the form for Dips outlined in SSBBT3.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveJF View Post
    Experimenting w/ Dips to replace Bench, and am wondering if I could get a "Depth Check". Looks to me that the shoulder joint dips just a bit below the elbow in the vid, but another set of eyes on it would be great.

Weighted Dip

Trying to follow the form for Dips outlined in SSBBT3.

Thanks.
    Really can't tell from this angle, but if you really posted this partly just to show off, I can't say that I blame you!

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Skillin View Post
    Really can't tell from this angle, but if you really posted this partly just to show off, I can't say that I blame you!
    Hahahah, "Look at me, Look at me!"

Sincerely the biggest deal for me was to get an accurate baseline "max" so I could judge progress in the coming months, and I don't really know what the proper depth for these is suppose to be. I do know I'm so tight right now that I really have trouble hitting (what I think is) parallel w/o loading these, so it's something I need to work on.

And besides, you with your outstanding power to weight ratio, the weighted chins you do and all that on top of coaching and martial arts training, holy shit. You're log has been one big "show off" session. Seriously though, nice work in there and thanks for taking a look.

I'll see if I can get a better angle for a set of 5 next week. I'm limited as to where I can film from in the dungeon what with the lighting and the rack getting in the way, at least for other exercises.

Quote Originally Posted by mgilchrest View Post
    Best I could do to get you frozen near the bottom:

It looks like your shoulders are just dipping past parallel with the elbows (kinda like the hip crease/knee cap deal) and the elbow flexion is around 90°.
    Awesome and thank you for taking the time (and all the other contributions around these parts, I've picked up a lot)... I now appear to have a baseline.

Quote Originally Posted by mgilchrest View Post
    A set of 5 or so would be more helpful, but fuck, between your pressing and now dipping capabilities I'm mighty impressed.

#demtriceps
    My one and only strong point.. But at least I am squatting and pulling too so there's that.