starting strength gym
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Squat check

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Yeah it's the same. Just watch when you start lifting your chest up how the hips stop suddenly.

Excellent! I'll work on that for my next round.

You need to point your toes out more and shove your knees out hard throughout the entire rep. This will allow you to reach proper depth

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Arnold View Post
    You need to point your toes out more and shove your knees out hard throughout the entire rep. This will allow you to reach proper depth
    About how much lower should I go?

Any suggestions for fixing the back angle, hips rising faster than shoulders on ascent, issue, other than focus on staying tight, master cue, not collapsing at bottom, keeping head down?

Fix stance and knees out and hit proper depth consistently. Post a vid and go from there with regards to the other stuff. Depth is the crease of the hip slightly below the patella at the bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Arnold View Post
    Fix stance and knees out and hit proper depth consistently. Post a vid and go from there with regards to the other stuff. Depth is the crease of the hip slightly below the patella at the bottom.
    I took off 10#. I believe I just hit depth. At 5# than this more, depth was high, perhaps because this was after heavy deadlifts. What do you and others think? If this is ok, next time I'll do another set at this weight, then a set at 5# more, if that makes sense.

A lot better it's hard to see your head but you seem to be looking up on the acent. Never look up! I liked that first rep but the rest were a touch above parallel.

Quote Originally Posted by HomeBrew View Post
    A lot better it's hard to see your head but you seem to be looking up on the acent. Never look up! I liked that first rep but the rest were a touch above parallel.
    Stay at this weight, making sure I look down throughout and go a touch deeper. Once I can repeat consistently, add weight. Does that sound right?

Any other notable flaws to work on?

Yes. Just fix that and repost. They're the most important things.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Elephant View Post
    I took off 10#. I believe I just hit depth. At 5# than this more, depth was high, perhaps because this was after heavy deadlifts. What do you and others think? If this is ok, next time I'll do another set at this weight, then a set at 5# more, if that makes sense.

Slow down your descent a bit and concentrate on sitting back and leaning over more and shoving your knees out the whole time. Probably need to take some more weight off because these are still high. Find a weight you can consistently hit depth and work back up

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast