starting strength gym

Thread: yet another deadlift form check

Default yet another deadlift form check

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Weight is 75kg.

Critique my form please. Thank you in advance.

These look good. You are going to need to learn to squeeze up tighter, to prepare for heavier weights. It's step 4.

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDave View Post
    These look good. You are going to need to learn to squeeze up tighter, to prepare for heavier weights. It's step 4.
    Step 4 -CHEST UP.

Got it. I'll definitely need to do that when the weights got heavier.

Agree - These look pretty good & very easy for you. No reason you shouldn't keep moving up. Chest up more to generate the wave of extension that gets your lumbar set. Upper back rounding was minimal, but not tight enough to flow to your lumbar (low back), which looked a little soft. Also, you can try angling your feet out a little bit which will pull your adductors into the mix and give you slightly more muscle mass to help lift with.

They look good to me. They are very light for you -just make sure your form remains as good when you add a couple hundred pounds.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by entering40strongerthan20 View Post
    Agree - These look pretty good & very easy for you. No reason you shouldn't keep moving up. Chest up more to generate the wave of extension that gets your lumbar set. Upper back rounding was minimal, but not tight enough to flow to your lumbar (low back), which looked a little soft. Also, you can try angling your feet out a little bit which will pull your adductors into the mix and give you slightly more muscle mass to help lift with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chebass88 View Post
    They look good to me. They are very light for you -just make sure your form remains as good when you add a couple hundred pounds.

Thank you and I will add some weights and back with another form check vid soon.