starting strength gym

Thread: Absolute newbie deadlift form check.

Default Absolute newbie deadlift form check.

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hi,

Height 6 feet.
    Body Weight 90 Kg

Started a few weeks ago.

Work harder on step 4 (getting your back set tighter): Deadlift starting Position Critique

Also, no need to stand at the top for so long; lock out the rep and then set the bar back down.

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDave View Post
    Work harder on step 4 (getting your back set tighter): Deadlift starting Position Critique

Also, no need to stand at the top for so long; lock out the rep and then set the bar back down.
    I read the link thanks.

How do i get my back set tighter? It says to lift my chest up but how do i do that when i am bent down? I can only move my head forward. If i bent my knees more, my hips fall down.

Or do i just do what i am doing and squeeze a lot to get the back tighter?

Am i doing everything else correctly? Can i change something that can help with a tighter back?

Take a slightly wider stance and widen your grip accordingly. It should make step 4 a bit easier but remember step 4 is ALWAYS uncomfortable. Its supposed to be that way

Two cues that have proven useful in the past are thinking of it as trying to point your chest at the wall in front of you, or rotating your chest up through your shoulders.
    Quote Originally Posted by threeonethree View Post
    It says to lift my chest up but how do i do that when i am bent down? I can only move my head forward. If i bent my knees more, my hips fall down.