starting strength gym

Thread: Wednesday night Deads.

Default Wednesday night Deads.

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Having a kid has ruined my lifting schedule, well that and having a wife who works in the medical field with 12-hr night shifts. So I've had to get on a new temporary schedule of lifting Wednesday through Friday and some Saturdays and having Sunday, Monday and Tuesday off. So Wednesdays I just feel weaker than I should starting out, this is from last nights session of 3x3x335 on deads.

Deads on Wednesday. - YouTube

Start each rep from a dead stop, don't bounce them after rep 1.

Take a deep breath and pull your chest up at the start of each pull. Pull the slack out of the bar before you start moving it upwards. Try and make the bar float. Feel the "wave of extension" all the way down to your sacrum. I see some low back rounding that you will want to avoid.

Lockout is a bit exaggerated - just stand up tall with shoulders back. No need to keep going back any further.

Quote Originally Posted by manveer View Post
    Start each rep from a dead stop, don't bounce them after rep 1.

Take a deep breath and pull your chest up at the start of each pull. Pull the slack out of the bar before you start moving it upwards. Try and make the bar float. Feel the "wave of extension" all the way down to your sacrum. I see some low back rounding that you will want to avoid.

Lockout is a bit exaggerated - just stand up tall with shoulders back. No need to keep going back any further.
    Appreciate the feedback sir!