starting strength gym

Thread: bench press form

Default bench press form

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    been experiencing a lot of left shoulder pain and elbow pain when I'm benching just don't know what the issue is only hurts on the eccentric part of the lift heres my form Bench form - YouTube if anyone has any advice for the pain please help or technique maybe wider grip iv been using my ring finger on the ring of the bar still no difference
    Last edited by Brandan Lopez; 02-22-2017 at 07:58 PM.

I see nothing in your technique that would cause shoulder or elbow pain. Can you be more descriptive about the pain and where your feel it? Does it hurt while low bar squatting? Do you have a video of your squat so we can check your grip (often the cause of shoulder/elbow pain)? How much and how often are your overhead pressing?

I'm asking alot of questions, but this will help us get to the root of the problem.

i really don't feel the pain when I'm squatting i keep my grip on the squat where my pinky is close to the ring of the bar and the pain of my shoulder is around the front deltoid area a lil on the side and my elbow pain is on the inside of the elbow i don't overhead press much maybe once a week

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Franklin View Post
    I see nothing in your technique that would cause shoulder or elbow pain. Can you be more descriptive about the pain and where your feel it? Does it hurt while low bar squatting? Do you have a video of your squat so we can check your grip (often the cause of shoulder/elbow pain)? How much and how often are your overhead pressing?

I'm asking alot of questions, but this will help us get to the root of the problem.
    i really don't feel the pain when I'm squatting i keep my grip on the squat where my pinky is close to the ring of the bar and the pain of my shoulder is around the front deltoid area a lil on the side and my elbow pain is on the inside of the elbow i don't overhead press much maybe once a week