starting strength gym

Thread: Squat Check 325x5

Default Squat Check 325x5

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Almost 2 months in on my Linear Progression. Would appreciate your feedback and thanks for your time.

They all seem a bit high to me but beyond that, they look pretty decent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks for the feedback. Will be working on shoving those knees out getting deep tomorrow.

When you unrack the bar, you are in a split stance. Consider setting your feet and unracking the bar as if it is the top portion of a squat, when the weights get heavy you are going to want to do this for balance and safety.

Thanks for catching that. I have to make it part of my routine.

Thank you

SpencerJ,

You are clearly a strong dude with much progress ahead. I think your back angle is too vertical and you are leading with your head and chest out of the bottom. This means limited hip drive. Bend over more early in the descent (the standard cue is point your nipples at the floor), keep your head down, looking at a spot on the floor 4-6 feet in front of you, and stay bent over as you drive back up (keeping your head down is essential). I also think that you should narrow your stance 1" to 2". You are doing a good job pushing your knees out and these look pretty damned easy for you.

Scott

starting strength coach development program
    Scott I really appreciate you taking the time to help me out. I worked on this last night and felt good, I had some great reps in my working sets. But had some shit ones to not focusing on what you said especially late in the set lifting my chest/head killing my hip drive. I narrowed my stance and it made a huge difference in getting good depth + just felt smother, less forced if that makes any sence.

Thank you