starting strength gym

Thread: Squat form check --> Knee soreness, arm soreness and no hip drive. All screwed up.

Default Squat form check --> Knee soreness, arm soreness and no hip drive. All screwed up.

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hi,

Age 29
    Bodyweight 92 Kg

I am trying my best to shove knees OUT and also started wearing shorts. Sometimes feel like weight is shifting forward to my toes at the bottom of ascent.
    Also in couple of reps felt like my arms were pushing up against the bar and had soreness in left elbow/bicep. You can see my elbow wiggling at the end of last rep.

How do i fix all this

Screenshot from video showing depth in one of the reps.

Last edited by threeonethree; 02-26-2017 at 12:17 AM.

A couple of things ... First, Your elbows seem to be a bit too high which means you could likely bring your grip in a bit tighter which would help you feel more locked up in the back and should make a better shelf for the bar. Second, the depth needs a bit of work, so think about squatting between your knees. That cue helps me when I get a bit high.

You may also want to invest in some lifting shoes. I still have my Chucks from when I started and I tried them a week ago on deadlifts and could not believe how much padding and instability they had compared to my AdiPowers.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Deepsky3539 View Post
    A couple of things ... First, Your elbows seem to be a bit too high which means you could likely bring your grip in a bit tighter which would help you feel more locked up in the back and should make a better shelf for the bar. Second, the depth needs a bit of work, so think about squatting between your knees. That cue helps me when I get a bit high.

You may also want to invest in some lifting shoes. I still have my Chucks from when I started and I tried them a week ago on deadlifts and could not believe how much padding and instability they had compared to my AdiPowers.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    I do not understand what you mean by "squatting between your knees".

Where i live I do not have access to lifting shoes. The ones like adipowers are terribly expensive here and outside my budget.

Options I have:
    1) Get New pair of chucks
    2) Get locally made weightlifting shoes. Do not know how good these are. Better option than chucks or running shoes?
    3) Squat barefoot or in socks.

Where do you live?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Arnold View Post
    Where do you live?
    In a barren land far far away, where no weightlifting shoes grow.

Get new shoes.. check.. Getting the ones shown in the above picture. Hope they are ok.

Will narrow the grip as well.

Anything else?

Rested 2-3 days and still have soreness in knees. Both knees top outside part of the kneecap. Hurts when i tap it with my fingers. Also got the flu so skipping couple of workouts.
    Last edited by threeonethree; 02-28-2017 at 07:38 AM.

starting strength coach development program
    Get your chest over more. More than you want to. Your knees hurt because you're lifting your chest. More hip drive, all the way up.