starting strength gym
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Squat check -below parallel?!?!

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by mgilchrest View Post
    Even a nylon Velcro belt will usually work better than the tapered belts.

Regardless, improvement thus far has been solid. Keep it up!
    I have one of those, and it pops off at the bottom of my squat. It feels WAAAAY better than my tapered belt, but it just won't stay put.

Now that I'm hitting proper depth hopefully I can get back to 290 3x5 quickly.

I concur. Much better than before.

A couple of reps your shins were almost too vertical, but let's see what happens when you add some weight back on the bar.

A client of mine has used a tapered belt back-to-front. Might be an option until you can afford something better. (Might also be a little too wide).

Thanks y'all! I plan on adding 10lb to the bar 3 times a week till the end of next week. I just got in touch with Austin Baraki, so I'll try to get some in-person coaching soon.

Today's last working set, 215x5:

*MUTE * Squat 215x5 - depth check - YouTube
    Last edited by Aaron Montgomery; 03-23-2017 at 07:29 PM.

starting strength coach development program
    Saw Austin Baraki today!

Here's a copy and paste from my log today:

Austin fixed every single problem with my squat in 5 minutes. My grip was wrong (wrists bent over the bar), which made my elbows high, which made the bar get pushed up high, which contributed to inconsistent depth and form. And my gaze was way to low. Need to really focus on keeping wrists straight from now on. Apparently in my efforts to get deep enough over the last couple weeks I've overcompensated, so I can take 1" off my depth now too. Oh, and I was raising my chest a wee bit early, so need to fix that too. Austin used my phone to videotape one of the worksets so I have an idea of what they should look like now. I also got to use Austin's real weightlifting belt, which is waaaay better than my velcro el cheapo. Going to get a real belt as soon as funds allow.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123