starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Squat form check after 1 week rest and deload.

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by threeonethree View Post
    In previous Set i just concentrated on getting the knees out.. In this set i was concentrating on keeping the knees out and the master cue.

What am i doing wrong thats rounding my lower back and how do i fix it? Should i cut off depth? Change stance width? Put knees more out?
    Looks to me like your chest falling forward as you get to the bottom. Also, brace your abs and lower back hard. Get some big air in your belly and push against your belt. Maintain tightness throughout the whole rep.

Quote Originally Posted by TurtleBack View Post
    Looks to me like your chest falling forward as you get to the bottom. Also, brace your abs and lower back hard. Get some big air in your belly and push against your belt. Maintain tightness throughout the whole rep.
    Where do i maintain tightness? Do I squat with a stiff body?

Other than taking a deeper breath.. What can i do to fix everything.. And is the problem with the knees gone? Because i still feel soreness in my knees.

My guess is your knees are still sore because you were lifting your chest before. It should get better. Yes your torso should be ridgid.

Your knees are not going to magically get better in a few days. It may take a week or a month. I had a similar problem in my hips when my squat stance was too wide. My pain/soreness went away in two weeks after taking some ibuprofen, deloading, and focusing on squatting with good form.

Your squats are getting better. Fix the remaining bugs and be patient.
    Last edited by TurtleBack; 03-17-2017 at 11:13 AM.

One more try with added weight.

You can see me getting a big breath in my belly and making everything tight.. My back is not rounding like the last one also.

But felt tightness in my lowerback after the set. Is that normal. Should i continue adding weight.

starting strength coach development program
    Looks better. The lower back tightness might be happening because you are now squatting correctly using the posterior chain. If you are feeling ok with the current weight then keep progressing. Otherwise you can do a 10% deload to focus on your technique.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12