starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Squat and Power Clean check... Thanks!!

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Looks like you might need to lift your head up just a bit, you're not quite hitting depth either, probably need to go a couple inches lower, try not to pause at the bottom either, bounce off the tension in your posterior chain.

You are not moving your knees at all. You need to push your knees forward (at the same time as you break your hips) and get them out over your toes. You are off balance and squatting on your heels b/c you are holding your knees back. Don't look straight down, look at a spot on the floor 3-5 feet in front of you. You are squatting about 2 inches too high (which will likely fix itself when you fix your knees and you can remained more balanced).

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Z View Post
    I think my form improved , but in a couple reps I definitely put my back into overflexation. What else do you have for me?

Thanks!

21 Apr 17 Squat - YouTube

Wish i read this before my workout.... thanks for the knees tip, especially. In this most recent one, I think I made a little improvement but am still looking down.

Also, sorry for the angle, I didn't realize the bench was in the way! Continued criticism by all is appreciated.

Squat 23 Apr 17 - YouTube
    Press April 25, 2017 - YouTube

Squats: Dont pause at the bottom, catch the rebound/bounce. I wonder if your stance is too wide, based on the view in the mirror; hard to tell from this angle, but it might be contributing to your depth problem.

Press: Looks pretty good. Try not to push your head so far forward, like you do on R 1 and R5.

Wish i read this before my workout.... thanks for the knees tip, especially. In this most recent one, I think I made a little improvement but am still looking down.

Also, sorry for the angle, I didn't realize the bench was in the way! Continued criticism by all is appreciated.

Squat 23 Apr 17 - YouTube
    Press April 25, 2017 - YouTube

Yesterday felt much better. I'm still struggling with head position, but I felt balanced and that I was coming out of the hole faster.

Squat 27 Apr 17 - YouTube

Yesterday felt much better. I'm still struggling with head position, but I felt balanced and that I was coming out of the hole faster.

Squat 27 Apr 17 - YouTube
    Your knee and hip movements are way out of sync. These look like you are flopping over at the waist and then somehow ending up with your knees bent. Maybe it's a consequence of the close camera position (where we can't see your head behind the plates).

starting strength coach development program
    Try to have the camera further away and at hip height; read the stickies about filming form checks. This does seem to be an improvement over your last few workouts; but there is still work to be done; including, from this camera angle it looks like you are still squatting high.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12