starting strength gym

Thread: Unweighted squat with tubow form check. Bottom position check.

Default Unweighted squat with tubow form check. Bottom position check.

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Age 29
    Weight 91 Kg

I am trying to relearn the squat with tubow. Trying with unweighted squats to learn the form first.

Without a bar and some weight on your back, it is difficult to demonstrate proper technique. The body plus bar equals a system, and without the bar the system will be out of balance. What you are doing in this video is practicing poor technique; your back is rounding terribly (you are not staying tight), you are shoving your hips back to initiate the descent without pushing your knees forward.....

You are not going to learn the form first without weight on the bar.

AD, this is all correct; however, in the "How to TUBOW" video, the instruction is to determine the correct placement of the TUBOW from the starting bottom position.

That being said, you have to do the bottom position correctly. The video clearly states that you need someone else looking at you to do so.

But yes, as far as bottom positions go, this one needs work.

Quote Originally Posted by Satch12879 View Post
    AD, this is all correct; however, in the "How to TUBOW" video, the instruction is to determine the correct placement of the TUBOW from the starting bottom position.

That being said, you have to do the bottom position correctly. The video clearly states that you need someone else looking at you to do so.

But yes, as far as bottom positions go, this one needs work.
    I currently have pain in the top of knees. Probably quad tendonitis but not sure. Rested 10 days and NSAIDS and coming back without load to make sure everything is fine before i add weight. After doing this workout had pain right above the knees.

Would like to correct my bottom position and hip/knee/ chest movement before i add the weight

How can i improve the bottom position and am i using the TUBOW correctly? my lumbar seems rounded but rip said in the video not to worry about it as it will correct under load?

Please check if distance between my foot and TUBOW is correct.

If any rep is close to correct please tell me the time from the video and i will try to replicate that.

I am breaking at the hips first in some reps to learn how to shift weight back away from the sore knees.

I got my squat up to 90Kg but due to pain in the knees have to start over again i guess. Please check the movement/position of the knees and if they are correct.

The video has two angles. One from side and other from 45 degree.
    Last edited by threeonethree; 04-24-2017 at 10:50 PM.

up

Quote Originally Posted by threeonethree View Post
    up
    anyone?

Its been 2 weeks now that i am on rehab for pain in the knees. I had set up an follow up appointment with the doctor today but he is sick.

starting strength coach development program
    you'll probably get a better response if you repost a video of yourself TUBOWING with some weight on your back. At least an empty barbell.