starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Squat Check @ 240lbs

Default Squat Check @ 240lbs

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Alright so somebody have a look at these please. The last few days there have been some interesting developments with my back (did not realize I have a slight rounding) and I learned some things that make me think it was screwing with my squat. The whole time I've been focusing on my (now somewhat rounded) upper back/chest area I have been totally neglecting my lower back. Yesterday once I started "popping my ass out" a bit and putting some tension in those muscles I feel like my form actually made some progress and started looking more like the squat I see from SS lifters.

These look pretty solid to me. 3/4/5 are the best reps IMHO.

I think you'll like squat shoes.

Drive your hips straight up out of the bottom, you are a little too much in your chest. Also, try to get a bounce out of the bottom, instead of having such a slow turnaround.

Update from yesterday afternoon, 250lbs, first time squatting with a belt was kind of weird, I'll get the hang of it though...

Set your knees a bit earlier, and keep your chin tucked. Have you considered weightlifting shoes?

Lol yes I have, just a matter of getting the money together. If I can pull a day or two of OT I may be able to squeeze them in.

Update for 270lbs

Stance is slightly narrower now, looks like that helps my depth. Fighting the urge to raise my chin (I do it on the 4th). Hips/knees are still a little off time and I'm thinking its because I'm still getting used to pushing my "ass back", before my squats were more straight up and down. Ankles are a bit wiggly 1-3, thinking about taking up mugging so I can just get some damn shoes already...

Don't mug anyone. I hear it's against the law.

These are looking nahce. You've made a really steady improvement recently. Dare I say squat shoes will help put the finishing touches on this squat. You'll feel more locked in and your ankles will be less wobbly.

Way to go. Keep putting more weight on that bar!

Quote Originally Posted by mattlifts View Post
    Don't mug anyone. I hear it's against the law.

These are looking nahce. You've made a really steady improvement recently. Dare I say squat shoes will help put the finishing touches on this squat. You'll feel more locked in and your ankles will be less wobbly.

Way to go. Keep putting more weight on that bar!
    MOR WAIT MOR GAINZ YAAAHHHHHHSSSS lol

starting strength coach development program
    Oh yeah, and kudos to you for not making any damn excuses. You know your setup isn't the most optimal, but making the most lemonade out of your lemons is better than doing nothing and sitting on your ass.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast