starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Very bad squat asymmetry, not getting rid of it

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Thanks for pointing that out. That bar have only one set of rings, and my grip is too narrow to use them as reliable markers. Will use another bar with narrower rings next time.

JTT, make sure you only listen to advice from SS Coaches, Satch12879 is a Fraud that doesn't even train anymore.

Hello again, looking for more feedback and help.

In my last video, there wasn't too much shifting/twisting going on and that made me happy. It was actually the first workout ever that looked decently symmetrical. But now I've tried to add weight and continue my measly progress for the hundredth time, and I've failed for the hundredth time.

I don't look in the mirror, I look down.

The second rep looks good IMO, the hip drive is even and the back looks straight. But why is it so damn difficult for me to replicate that for a set of 5? On the other reps, it looks to me like my low back is twisting and my right ass cheek is higher as soon as I start driving the hips. Not sure if I'm loosing tightness or messing up the back angle but something is not right. I have not tried a belt yet, guess it couldn't hurt to buy one and see if it helps me stay tight. I see that my knees wobble a little bit too.

It is getting ridiculous. I squat thrice a week but without any results to show for it. After reading SS there's no way I could go to the gym and do curls and give up on squatting! But the thought of spending more months squatting without sorting this asymmetry is scary. The lack of GainzZz is disheartening!

And I live in a country without SS-coaches, but I might be lucky enough to get a session with Tom this summer.

You could try online coaching.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by skibler View Post
    You could try online coaching.
    Gonna try my belt when it arrives and see if it helps me brace better and twist less. And I must f*cking learn to align my feet because the placement is too inconsistent.

If it doesn't work, I will sign up for SSOC next week. I know they are very competent, I don't question that at all, but I'm wondering if my kind of asymmetry must be corrected/coached live. I don't know the limitations of online coaching vs live, but I'm sure there is only so much you can do over the Internet. Would be interesting to hear some input from a coach, if they are confident they can sort my squats online or if it needs to be done live.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12